Main Menu

more snow

Started by Alto Mare, February 14, 2015, 08:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

We are getting some of this storm Octavia now. I don't know how you bay guys do it. I have lived in this area all my life and if we get 10" of snow, it pretty much shuts the place down.
We got 6" of the white stuff on Monday. Another 4" this morning. The wind chill is -20.
The actual temp tonight is supposed to be -11 without the wind chill.
I am ready to move South! ::)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

We have room for you right down here. Lots of water and a nice shooting range too.

conchydong

It's supposed to get down to 40 degrees tonight in S. Florida and I am freezing already. I don't know how you guys handle cold weather. I am not into it at all.

Alto Mare

40 would feel like a heat wave to us. Tomorrow morning it should be 1, with -25 wind chill  ::).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Newell Nut on February 20, 2015, 12:17:01 AM
We have room for you right down here. Lots of water and a nice shooting range too.
Don't tempt me Dwight! ;D
I stopped to get Gas and buy some beer on the way Home from work last night. It actually felt warm in the beer cooler. ::)
Life is Good!

Unutt

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 19, 2015, 07:37:56 AM
We are getting some of this storm Octavia now. I don't know how you bay guys do it. I have lived in this area all my life and if we get 10" of snow, it pretty much shuts the place down.
We got 6" of the white stuff on Monday. Another 4" this morning. The wind chill is -20.

Don't do it Shark Hunter.  It is 9:30 p here in Dallas, and it is already down to 62.  It is only going to get to 72 tomorrow. With rain no less.  Where are my coveralls when I need them.

Wally15
So many reels, so little time.

alantani

Quote from: Unutt on February 20, 2015, 03:38:40 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 19, 2015, 07:37:56 AM

Don't do it Shark Hunter.  It is 9:30 p here in Dallas, and it is already down to 62.  It is only going to get to 72 tomorrow. With rain no less.  Where are my coveralls when I need them.

Wally15

ok, now THAT'S funny.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

:D
5 to 8" more snow tonight! >:(
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Ended up with about 6" more. That's 16" total this week. Get that room ready Dwight. I'm packing my bags! :D
For all you California Boys. Here is your calming effect. ;)
Life is Good!

HOLEINTHEWATER

TOOK A MORNING SUN RISE. 46 OUT. 70'S TODAY.

El Pescador

Tough Winter all around!!!

Yesterday in San Mateo, CA it was 72 Degrees, we had to use the A/C at lunch time, and I was working in shorts!

My son in Astoria, NY had their pipes freeze TWICE this week!  It was colder yesterday in Astoria NY than Anchorage, Alaska!

So much for Global Warming...

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

we have 6" coming, due to start anytime. ::) Wayne, get some of that homemade beer out of the barrel, I'm heading your way ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Sal!

Beer is here, we have 1/2 case left of the Steelhead Ale my son and I brewed for our Steelhead Fishing trip 2 weeks ago, still waiting for photos from the guys, once I do, I'll post our Trip to the Elk River, Port Orford, OR.  It was a gully-washer!  9 1/2" of rain during the two days of fishing!  Difficult conditions, but we caught fish!  Landed on on my Dad's Mitchell Garcia 300 reel, he purchased in 1965!  Memories.

Now if I can just find the sunblock lotion....

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Just got done shoveling 5" of snow with 1/2" of ice on top. felt like shoveling concrete ::).
I feel the same: 

BMITCH

We got about 5" but no ice. Ho-hum. About a total of 28" on my back deck. It's been so cold this year that the concrete entrance pad outside, that leads up to my sliding glass doors heaved. This caused the sliders to bind. Difficult to open now. Spring can't come soon enough this year. >:(
luck is the residue of design.