MAGNUM 500 - PENN JIGMASTER

Started by DaBigOno, February 21, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otghoyt and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

swill88

Quote from: reel addict on April 12, 2016, 10:42:33 PM
I keep saying this one going be my last one. That was about 5x ago

you should not feel so all alone...

steve

David Hall

Here's how I look at fishing reels, and knives and guns and bows too for that matter, but let's keep this discussion on fishing reels.

Buy high sell low
I only Need ONE more!

reel addict

My problem is I spend a lot of mula on reels and I don't ues it. Its called a shelf queen

David Hall

Quote from: reel addict on April 13, 2016, 03:09:36 AM
My problem is I spend a lot of mula on reels and I don't ues it. Its called a shelf queen

Something I never had until I stated collecting accurate conversions!
And Cortez Conversions!
Now I got shelf full!
I just can't bring myself to take the really clean ones out on the boat.

reel addict

If anyone wants a super jigmaster 3 inch wide black frame gold plates lmk.I don't know where else to post this ad

basto

Quote from: David Hall on April 11, 2016, 11:47:57 PM
Quote from: basto on April 11, 2016, 11:05:45 PM
Hi Guys
Just wondering if there is any part on the magnum that is only found on a Jigmaster?
Basto

Not sure exactly what your asking but the magnum design follows a bit of a pattern.
The magnum squidder uses jigmaster gears and internal part.
The magnum jigmaster uses 113 gears and internal parts.
I can't tell you for certain because I dont have one but I think the 4/0 113 magnum uses 6/0 gears and internals.  Randy knows for sure, I have never seen inside one.

Thanks David for your reply. I could not see why the Jigmaster name is used.

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

sdlehr

Quote from: David Hall on April 11, 2016, 11:47:57 PM
Not sure exactly what your asking but the magnum design follows a bit of a pattern.
The magnum squidder uses jigmaster gears and internal part.
The magnum jigmaster uses 113 gears and internal parts.
I can't tell you for certain because I dont have one but I think the 4/0 113 magnum uses 6/0 gears and internals.  Randy knows for sure, I have never seen inside one.

Can you really get a Jigmaster gear to fit into a Squidder? That main gear is huge; I'd be surprised if this were the case... But everything else sounds right, including the 113 Magnum using 6/0 innards.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Cortez_Conversions

David is correct, the Squidder Magnum uses the Jig Master gears and some internals. Each Magnum uses the next size up gearing, as he describes.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

ez2cdave

Quote from: sdlehr on April 15, 2016, 04:16:25 AMCan you really get a Jigmaster gear to fit into a Squidder? That main gear is huge; I'd be surprised if this were the case... But everything else sounds right, including the 113 Magnum using 6/0 innards.

Sid

Sid,

The Magnum Squidder sidepate is machined with a "bump" that allows it to accomodate the larger gear.

TIght Lines !

Dave

DaBigOno

Quote from: reel addict on April 14, 2016, 08:04:02 PM
If anyone wants a super jigmaster 3 inch wide black frame gold plates lmk.I don't know where else to post this ad

Would you happen to have the SPOOL for this???
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

David Hall

It is a pretty amazing little reel when you think about the aftermarket upgrades made available by members here.
You start with your average awesome little reel made by Penn, the squidder.
Then toss in larger jigmaster gears and pro challenger DD bridge and stainless gear sleeve and Bryan's drag Kit. Motive fab star and handle.
Now you have a squidder size reel that employs bigger gears and super duty bridge, sleeve, and drags.
It truly is a super mini tank.
Then step up to the jigmaster magnum which is essentially a super 113 conversion and you have an even tougher slightly larger reel, and then there's the ultimate 113 4/0 magnum using the same gear set as the 115 9/0 Penn!  I don't even know how to describe this reel?  Maybe when I get one I will be able to describe it but for now I just have squidders and jigmasters to hot rod. 

reel addict

Quote from: DaBigOno on April 15, 2016, 05:09:41 PM

sorry all I have is complete reels

erikpowell

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on April 15, 2016, 01:31:04 PM
David is correct, the Squidder Magnum uses the Jig Master gears and some internals. Each Magnum uses the next size up gearing, as he describes.

Tom, when you built your special squidders, did you build any as magnums?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: DaBigOno on April 15, 2016, 05:09:41 PM

Al I can have Tiburon run an extra spool for you widen they run my Super Jigmaster frame/spool kits, but they are not scheduled to be ready until late June.  Can you wait that long?

Randy

David Hall

That's not that long to wait.  Especially for something as special as this.