9/0 Frames

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I do still have a few of each color available.
The kit includes the following:
Frame
Clamp
Stainless clamp hardware(studs, washers and nuts)
Stainless Clamp nuts
One Penn chrome over brass post.

They are $100($105 PayPal) shipped in the US.
Check or PayPal work fine for me.
My address is:
Tom Hryniuk
1445 Kim Court#3
Campbell, Ca.

My PayPal is my email:  cortezconversions@hotmail.com
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Maxed Out

Can someone please clarify which direction these frames were intended to mount on the reel ??

One side has lowered cross member , and other side has non lowered cross member. As I look thru a few threads I see it mostly mounted with the lowered cross member on the front side of the reel. I guess if lowered cross member was on the back side it may be easier to use your thumb as a brake. The non lowered cross member looks like it could rub on the line if the frame was installed that direction, but not likely.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

You can mount it either way Ted. These were molded after accurate. The high bar in the front.

Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Thanks Daron, that's what I was thinking.

Nice reels buddy !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Cortez_Conversions

The Silver frames are sold out!
I still have a handful in black.
Thank you all!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm

Thanks for the frame Tom. You don't leave a thing out do you. Attention to detail and go the extra mile. That is very rare these days when everything is about the bottom line and not quality.

Mike

cbar45

Love my silver...Any plans to make another run of this (or other colors) besides black?

Alto Mare

Nice reel Chad. You would be better off if you turn that frame around, some say they could be mounted either way, on this particular reel, I don't believe so. But...whatever floats your boat.
Your name brought back some memories, I did a book report about Chad in 1974 and got some good grades. ;D
The teacher asked why would I choose such a small country, I said it was smack in the center of Africa ;D...interesting country.

Sorry, back to the frame.  ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 28, 2016, 11:24:38 AM
Nice reel Chad. You would be better off if you turn that frame around, some say they could be mounted either way, on this particular reel, I don't believe so. But...whatever floats your boat.
Your name brought back some memories, I did a book report about Chad in 1974 and got some good grades. ;D
The teacher asked why would I choose such a small country, I said it was smack in the center of Africa ;D...interesting country.

Sorry, back to the frame.  ;D

Sal

Sal, I'm still getting some parts together for my build...thnx for the help😉  Why would you reverse the frame as above??? Line clearance an issue with the higher cross member in the "front" of the reel is not an issue??

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I think it makes the bar looks high in relation to the rear of the frame and spool.
Unless you are close to getting spooled, it won't be an issue.
I fished one last September and it did fine.
I just wish something would have tested it.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: BMITCH on January 28, 2016, 12:08:00 PM
Sal, I'm still getting some parts together for my build...thnx for the help😉  Why would you reverse the frame as above??? Line clearance an issue with the higher cross member in the "front" of the reel is not an issue??

Bob
One of my reason is I don't like my line going over drilled holes. Tom did a great job on those, but things don't stay the same with usage. It will also make it easier using your thumb when deep dropping. Keeping the line high when it gets low on the spool is also good.
Bob, this is just my opinion, I have no issues if anyone would rather have it the other way.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88

Quote from: cbar45 on January 28, 2016, 04:14:01 AM
Love my silver...Any plans to make another run of this (or other colors) besides black?

Chad, can I ask what line you put on your 9/0 and how you plan to fish it?

Thanks,

Steve

David Hall

What a beautiful reel. 

cbar45

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 28, 2016, 12:33:42 PM
Quote from: BMITCH on January 28, 2016, 12:08:00 PM

Bob
One of my reason is I don't like my line going over drilled holes. Tom did a great job on those, but things don't stay the same with usage. It will also make it easier using your thumb when deep dropping. Keeping the line high when it gets low on the spool is also good.
Bob, this is just my opinion, I have no issues if anyone would rather have it the other way.

Sal

Sal thanks for sharing.

Running the low bar in front is a throwback to when I used to own Accurate conversions.
Mostly aesthetics, as I liked having the lettering facing the angler rather than upside down..;)
The high bar in back wasn't a problem when casting as I lock the spool with my thumb on the edge of the spool lip, rather than on the line. No deep drop applications here.

As for the screws, Accurate's sit inside the frame (as I'm sure you know) and I would fill the rest of the screw hole with grease.
Love the stock Penn 6/0 frames that don't have any thru-screw holes, but never had a problem with the above setup.
I may have to re-consider things with these new 9/0 frames though for the reasons you mention;
Just checked the reel pictured above, and the right-sideplate screw for the low bar is long enough that a few threads sit outside the frame--probably enough to contact the line.

Chad

cbar45

Quote from: swill88 on January 28, 2016, 05:24:37 PM

Chad, can I ask what line you put on your 9/0 and how you plan to fish it?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

All my 9/0's are used for ulua shore fishing applications..Either the reel is cast and the bait slid down, or, if targeting pelagic species, the bait is let out on a float with the wind to hold it 300 yards or so offshore...The waters here can get fairly deep close to shore, so a long cast isn't often necessary...I run 80lb straight Berkley Big Game biminied to a mono leader of 200-400lb test, as in the reel above...A few other 9/0's get spooled with 100lb Big Game and braid backing for capacity.

Chad