9/0 Frames

Started by Cortez_Conversions, February 25, 2015, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

I spooled 30 yds 100 mono on arbor for braid to grab, 600 yds 100 lb Power Pro topped to fill with 80 lb BG, so it won't look naked sitting in rod rack.

swill88

Quote from: thorhammer on February 02, 2016, 03:58:18 AM
I spooled 30 yds 100 mono on arbor for braid to grab, 600 yds 100 lb Power Pro topped to fill with 80 lb BG, so it won't look naked sitting in rod rack.

Thorhammer, may I ask,  what rod do you set that on and how are you fishing it?

Steve

anglingarchitect

I would take a Black and a Silver if available.

Mark Hartley

Cortez_Conversions

I think there is only two black ones left. I will confirm tonight.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

thorhammer

Quote from: swill88 on February 02, 2016, 04:54:27 AM

Steve

Steve, sorry, just saw this.....it's on a 6.5 50-80 troller with aluminum butt and all rollers that I'd built some years ago (A Thorhammer); it was the best orphan rod I had around when I built the reel. I intend to use sharking from shore and will build out a 6.6 with slick butt and roller stripper and tip with Turbos in between to save weight; will also then suit for trolling or grouper fishing if needed.

John

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: anglingarchitect on February 16, 2016, 09:50:52 PM
I would take a Black and a Silver if available.

Mark Hartley

I have two black frames left, that's all folks!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

swill88

Quote from: thorhammer on February 17, 2016, 03:50:15 PM
Quote from: swill88 on February 02, 2016, 04:54:27 AM

Steve

Steve, sorry, just saw this.....it's on a 6.5 50-80 troller with aluminum butt and all rollers that I'd built some years ago (A Thorhammer); it was the best orphan rod I had around when I built the reel. I intend to use sharking from shore and will build out a 6.6 with slick butt and roller stripper and tip with Turbos in between to save weight; will also then suit for trolling or grouper fishing if needed.

John

Thanks John... it really helps.

Trying to figure out how to fish my NOS 9/0 with Tom's frame.

I think of selling it then get sick to my stomach,

Not a collector - gotta fish it!

Steve

thorhammer

I just received a very nice 9/0 from a member yesterday and I'm churning on getting one of the last frames for a matched pair. You'll regret selling it, don't .

Cortez_Conversions

That's all folks! The last two have been sold. Thank you all so much for all the business!
Tom

broadway

Thanks you for making them for us, Tom... You're the man👍
Dom

RowdyW

Tom, how many total frames are out there from the two production runs? How many from each run?    Rudy

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: RowdyW on February 19, 2016, 05:33:49 PM
Tom, how many total frames are out there from the two production runs? How many from each run?    Rudy
Rudy,
There are around 125 of them out there.

mikeysm

Here is my 9.0 with Tom's silver frame. It's not totally finished but close. It has all the upgrades stainless gears and gear sleeve. I bought Bryans drag washers but decided to go with Adams insert and washers so I will save Bryans washers for a future project. Waiting for a side cover to practise on before maching for the duel dog . All put together with a NOS 115 9.0. I also went with a aluminum spool the cast spool is to heavy for my taste.

Army_of_One

Another day in Paradise!

Sharkin904

Ever making more?? Or does anyone want to sell one?!  ;D