Narrow Jigmaster get Hi Drag Numbers

Started by gstours, February 26, 2015, 05:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Hey mr. Rothmar, sir,  your not off the topic nor out of line!  we all can benefit from each other and share needs, skills, desires and quirks.  Thats what makes this forum great.   Many times we feel crushed by the media, pricing, politics, and intimidated by the popular stance on subjects.  Thats why there was an uprising in old england years ago.  now some of us have settled here for a new life!!!!!   gst.

gstours

Thans Sal, pal,  You took the 'bait" hook line and sinker!  I was wondering how long it would take!  I got a big one!!!!!! and thanks for the advice too!   Usually I would get a couple of responses from a post, but you guys help set a record.  3 pages!!!!! i,m still hoping for more.    As I stated in the front of my article, this was for testing several things on the jigmaster.  Nobody seemed to care enough to mention my epoxy gear-insert.  It is sure to fail too.  And why didn,t I use a Tib frame? and stainless bolts, and ?  Maybe I can find a steel gear, and a hex one at that if I look around and be patient .   but that was then and this is after the damage was done!!!   Thanks  for all you have done to help get the stainless parts we so dearly pay for on a buy now site........  our work is not finished yet!        your little buddy gst.

Alto Mare

Gary, you're the man ;). Don't ever give up, we don't have much else that makes us as happy ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

gstours

Like I stated I would like to find a 4/1 steel gear for the jigmaster.  A stainless one would be great but expensive.  Does anybody have a steel gear out of a penn that will fit the jigmaster I would buy now!   And if not what reels did penn make that did have steel gears?  I know the penn 113 hand 114h steel gears were found in some early ones I,ve had some did.....   gst.

DaBigOno

Quote from: gstours on March 09, 2015, 04:38:47 AM
...Does anybody have a steel gear out of a penn that will fit the jigmaster...   

Pm me your info. I have one for gratis
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

gstours

Thanks Da big Ono for the steel gear offer. I will carve, and tig, it will be a great little time waster!  Its hard for my to put in a 75$ gearset in a 5$ reel!!!!!! Unless its a highend 2 speed!   gst.