Ted's Pot O' Gold 2.0

Started by Shark Hunter, March 01, 2015, 07:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Mike,
I learned everything I know from Sal. I am just Tiny Grasshoppa. ;D
Life is Good!

crackerman

That thing deserves a much better plinth than that white raggedy towel its sitting on!

Gorgeous!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

Just paying if forward my Brothers! ;D
Life is Good!

broadway

Daron,
    The care and attention you put into a reel is beyond the limits of where most of us take them. Sal and Alan  have been key to us as they have led us to thinking outside the box and getting things to work our way.  I agree with the other members in saying that you have certainly come a long way and have motivated so many of us here to go that little bit further than we normally would.  Not only do you make it look easy but you take us on your journey inside the reel with descriptive photos and a solid explanation.  You're a modest guy with a big heart.  Ted, now has a reel that he can be proud to use or display at his discretion knowing that you did all you can to make sure he had the best.  What else can anyone ask for? Well done, pal. Also, I noticed the ring on the towel to prevent scratching that gem.  That's what I mean by going a little further than most.
Ted, you have a hell of a reel that no one else has... Enjoy it!
PS- Good looking out Randy, Paul, and Tom For making this happen. Tom, I had to pass that bearing cap on
because this reel deserved it.
Only on AlanTani.com... I love it,
Dom

Bryan Young

Is that spool gold plated as well or is it the gold reflection from the frame and sideplates?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

The chrome was polished off Bryan. Then buffed out to make it look like Gold.
Another Member Did this.
Life is Good!

TechTeach

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 02, 2015, 05:49:19 PM
The chrome was polished off Bryan. Then buffed out to make it look like Gold.
Another Member Did this.

That's cool. Any pictures of that process? What compound and wheel was used?
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Bryan Young

Beautiful...just beautiful.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

I'm pretty sure it was all done by hand. They asked to remain anonymous.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 02, 2015, 06:24:56 PM

I'm surprised, we usually don't keep secrets here, if we did, there wouldn't be anything going on  :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 02, 2015, 07:36:30 PM

I'm surprised, we usually don't keep secrets here, if we did, there wouldn't be anything going on  :-\
I can understand...can you imagine...he will be getting requests from around the world to polish one thing or another.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 02, 2015, 08:37:13 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on March 02, 2015, 07:36:30 PM

I can understand...can you imagine...he will be getting requests from around the world to polish one thing or another.
You wouldn't be selling your washers if you didn't ask who could get it done ::).
By the way, I'm personally not interested in that spool, even though it looks nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Absolutely gorgeous reel, well done.  hope we see more of that reel in the future.

luckybass

a thing of beauty! do you believe in love at first sight?
You are entitled to nothing.
Want it?
Earn it.