Red Snappers Chewing

Started by Newell Nut, March 04, 2015, 12:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

It has been about a month since we have been out due to bad weather so it was nice being out even if the only fish biting were the endangered ones that we can't keep.  :-\
Fishing the Pastime Princess in New Smyrna Beach, FL.

Dominick

Wow! They sure look healthy.  How long have they been on release list?  They look so good, they are ready to eat.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

fsrmn

Nice fish ! I might try that boat sometime. It's only 3 hrs from me. The gulf coast is slammed this time of year.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Newell Nut

Come on over and let me know when you plan a trip. This is the friendliest party boat around and we have a galley too. The mangos will be biting better in a few weeks when the water warms up.

The endangered ones have been very restricted for a few years now. The FWC is having some meetings soon for a proposed 70 day plan in the Gulf and no mention of the Atlantic side yet. The are very numerous now and a nuisance. I just get tired of catching something that I can't take home cook and I catch more of them in a year than any other fish.

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

harryk3616

BMITCH

Nice fish Dwight! Looks like a nice day on the water. How many fares do they need to sail. That boat looks as though it always has a decent crowd on board. Do they anchor and chum the fish to the boat or do they drift over the structure? Really like the action of that rod.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

We anchor up but don't start chumming until around May. I think it takes 20 full fares but not sure. We usually have 40 plus and about 90 today.
The rod is a Seeker Black Steel CJBF80H and it is an awesome rod. Soft tip and lots of lifting power.

Alto Mare

My kind of rod ;)...very nice bud, as usual.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 04, 2015, 02:41:07 AM
My kind of rod ;)...very nice bud, as usual.
Sal, it's an easy drive down to Florida.  Let's meet Dwight so he can show us how to catch Mangoes.  You can pick me up at the Orlando airport.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Good Job Dwight!
Mr. Tough guy doesn't look so tough anymore with a haircut and a shave. :D
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 04, 2015, 04:55:03 AM
Good Job Dwight!
Mr. Tough guy doesn't look so tough anymore with a haircut and a shave. :D

Yeah but, he still ain't smilin
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Mistaken Identity, that was James and he usually smiles. Big Mike has not cleaned up and is still grumpy looking. He is actually a nice guy but you would not know it by the pictures. I hope Sal will come down one day and crack a smile with Mike.
Mango season will really pick up good in June and a tanked Jigmaster flatlining would be some fun for sure.

Shark Hunter

They could pass for Brothers. Good Job on those Snapper just the same. ;D
Life is Good!

BonitaBch

Quote from: Newell Nut on March 04, 2015, 02:36:35 AM
The rod is a Seeker Black Steel CJBF80H and it is an awesome rod. Soft tip and lots of lifting power.

Maybe it's just the angle, but that rod looks about 20' long .... :P
Bonita Beach, FL