Star for jigmaster

Started by BMITCH, March 05, 2015, 01:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

On SB&T site they say that the coarse thread star is either a 10-60 or a 10-140. Which one is bigger? And does anyone know if someone here is making these larger or outta stainless or both?
luck is the residue of design.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: BMITCH on March 05, 2015, 01:37:33 AM
On SB&T site they say that the coarse thread star is either a 10-60 or a 10-140. Which one is bigger? And does anyone know if someone here is making these larger or outta stainless or both?

If you are looking for a big coarse thread star then the 10-66 id the way to go. It is much bigger than the 10-60, only thing is its slightly thicker so be aware of that when thinking of spacing. As of now I do not think anyone is making them from SS, however I imagine of there was enough demand generated we could get someone to make some again.

BMITCH

Thanks Jason. I knew someone here would know what was needed!

BMITCH

Does the 10-66 fit the jigmaster/112h sleeve?

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

As of now I do not think anyone is making them from SS, however I imagine of there was enough demand generated we could get someone to make some again.
[/quote]

Well, if someone was going to make them out of SS I'm in for 6. ;)

Marcq

in your case 10-49 would be perfect it's recess where it meets the spacer

Marc..

Alto Mare

The 10-49 would work, but the recess doesn't help any on these reels, due to the right side bushing sticking out as it does. Different story for the 113, 149, 249, 349, 49 and few others., the bushing on those is lower.
I've mentioned a few times that the new custom ss gear sleeve should be 2mm taller, but no one will listen :-\.
it's a shame, it would really make a difference.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Now I see what you were calling for Sal. Yeah a couple mm would help!

mike1010

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 05, 2015, 02:39:10 AM
The 10-49 would work, but the recess doesn't help any on these reels, due to the right side bushing sticking out as it does. Different story for the 113, 149, 249, 349, 49 and few others., the bushing on those is lower.
I've mentioned a few times that the new custom ss gear sleeve should be 2mm taller, but no one will listen :-\.
Sal

Won't a longer spacer sleeve do the trick?

Keta

Sal

Some of us do.

Quote from: mike1010 on March 05, 2015, 05:07:13 PM

Some of us do.

Yes, see Sal's posts.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

trond_solem

Sal

No. A shorter spacer sleeve might help, but if the star hits the bushing in the side plate you'r out of luck.
A longer sleeve is the answer.

mike1010

Quote from: trond_solem on March 05, 2015, 05:25:10 PM
Sal

No. A shorter spacer sleeve might help, but if the star hits the bushing in the side plate you'r out of luck.
A longer sleeve is the answer.

A longer spacer sleeve would engage the star earlier, which would prevent if from hitting the bushing, but I recall from other posts that Sal wants a couple of free turns of the star before engaging.  That's why the longer gear sleeve is the answer.

Keta

Think about it, a shorter spacer will not stick out of the sideplate but a longer one will, no matter how long the gear sleeve is.

Spacer Sleeve

Gear Sleeve

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mike1010

Both are needed.  The spacer needs to be longer to hold the star off the bushing.  The sleeve needs to be longer to keep the star from engaging the spacer too early.