Real Magic Lube

Started by aus bass, November 22, 2010, 09:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aus bass

Hi All,

Looking for any experience or comments on Real Magic and Real Magic Lube. The product seems like a decent product but looking for experiences with it.

Manufacture is ttiblakemore.
The greatest lie a reel repairer ever told was "yes dear this is a customers reel".

Norcal Pescador

I've only used Real Magic while bass fishing. Spraying the spool and the guides makes the casts longer but I can't give you a concrete percentage of increase. It's enough to make using the spray worth it. Never tried the lube.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Fishermans Paradise

Same here, I have had good results with it using mono,  a small spray on the spool and the guides.  Always have a small can in the tackle pack.  But I also have not used the lube.

aus bass

Yeah i've good reports on the Real Magic spray. The Lube is stable from -40c to +430c is saltwater safe and is teflon based so in my opinion it ticks the right boxs. The tutorial on their website shows the maintenance on a shimano calcutta. Lube is used on all internal surfaces and gears while the real magic spray is used sparingly on the bearings and spool shaft.

Might have to give it a try and report back.
The greatest lie a reel repairer ever told was "yes dear this is a customers reel".

Bub B.

I have used it on my fishing reels for years.  Spray it on the mono and it relaxes the line.  Also spray it on a rag and wipe your reels down after fishing.