Penn 3/0 Senator

Started by RustyTank, March 18, 2015, 02:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyTank

Have an old but good shape 3/0 (112 not 112H)... getting ready to spiff it up... but it doesn't look like there are frames available for this reel... is that correct?

- RustyTank

Aiala

Tiburon only lists frames for the 112H... but you could always contact them and ask:  http://www.tiburonfishingreels.com/

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

RustyTank

Yup... did that... and they say only for the H model... guess there are no frames for the straight 3/0  :-(

Aiala

Quote from: RustyTank on March 19, 2015, 01:14:57 AM
Yup... did that... and they say only for the H model... guess there are no frames for the straight 3/0  :-(

Too bad. But y'know, those six posts make that reel a pretty tough little customer just as is. Spiff away, and it'll do you proud, I'm sure! ;)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Keta

I can't remember for sure but didn't someone drill a frame for a 112H to fit a 3/0?  It might have been a 113H frame for a 113.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Tiburon made a short run of T2 frames for the 111 (just a narrow version of the 112).  I don't know if they made some frames for the 112.  I've only seen one T2; it was on eBay in 2011.  
viurem lliures o morirem

George4741

Lee, I drilled a Tib Jigmaster frame to fit a Silverbeach 99 without difficulty.  I suppose one could drill a correct width 112H frame to fit the 112, or something of that sort.
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

That's the one I remembered.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

The Tib frame project for the 99 was initially Daron's idea.  Thanks Daron.
viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

How could I forget George. The 99 Club 2.0!
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12312.0
Life is Good!

Keta

This is what prompted me to put a narrow Tib frame on one of my Surfmaster 250s, a poor man's narrow 99.

Mark Twain

day0ne

Quote from: Keta on March 19, 2015, 02:03:50 AM
I can't remember for sure but didn't someone drill a frame for a 112H to fit a 3/0?  It might have been a 113H frame for a 113.

The Tib/Accurate frame for a 113H fits a 113 with no modifications
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Keta

I should have known that, I have a 113N "Grouper Special" with an Accurate frame.

Mark Twain