Main Menu

newbi

Started by kyote, March 31, 2015, 01:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyote

New to the site, so hello all. Kyote her from Michigan.  Grew up on the gulf in FL and miss big game fishing of the salt, Salmon and Musky just don't cut it.  Started taking fishing vacations a few years ago, try to make 2 a year.  Taking a tuna canyon trip this fall out of NJ and can't wait.  if anyone know how to buy one of Alan's reel knobs let me know, I'm looking for one for  my Avet lm.  great site look forward to talking to others.

alantani

welcome!  for the avet, if you have one of the old aluminum grips, i've got one that switches out easily.  otherwise you have to do some drilling.  send me a pm and let me know.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Hi Kyote,

Welcome.

Bam, I guess Alan had responded.  ;)

Can't wait to hear about your tuna trips.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MFB

G'day Kyote,

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

kyote

Thanks glad to be aboard!  I have used his post a few times to clean up a penn 50w and a Diawa sealine X. great post.  The Penn 50w was my uncles from 30 years ago back in FL (he was a offshore guy).  I wold love to keep it going, it seams ok to me but does anyone know the best place to have the drag checked out?  I read on like that Cal's can blueprint it, is that worth it?  I have used it for sharks off the beach when on vacation but never had to test out the drag on any large fish.  My plan is to gather equipment for a west coast long range vacation trip and would I'm thinking I can use it for that. My other thought is to pick up a new 30 2 speed.  any insight is very helpful.

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Kyote!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bill19803

what boat are you going on  for your canyon trip ?

foakes

Welcome Kyote --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

Quote from: kyote on March 31, 2015, 03:16:49 PM
Thanks glad to be aboard!  I have used his post a few times to clean up a penn 50w and a Diawa sealine X. great post.  The Penn 50w was my uncles from 30 years ago back in FL (he was a offshore guy).  I wold love to keep it going, it seams ok to me but does anyone know the best place to have the drag checked out?  I read on like that Cal's can blueprint it, is that worth it?  I have used it for sharks off the beach when on vacation but never had to test out the drag on any large fish.  My plan is to gather equipment for a west coast long range vacation trip and would I'm thinking I can use it for that. My other thought is to pick up a new 30 2 speed.  any insight is very helpful.

the international 50 is a pretty big reel.  changing the belleville configuration would give you a different drag range.  just gotta figure out what your target is.  the reel is relatively easy to go through.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Welcome.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.