Time to say hi

Started by enfish, April 01, 2015, 11:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enfish

I've been lurking here quite a while, so I figured it's about time I said hi. I'm Eric from Carlsbad CA. So, a bit about me... My dad bought me my first conventional reel when I was 9 years old. It was a red label Newell G229. Being the engineer at heart I am, the first thing I did to it was take it apart and put it back together. That was the start of something I've been doing at least once every year since that day, 30-something years ago. My collection of reels has grown a bit since then, but I still enjoy breaking down and cleaning up that Newell the most. It's still my go to reel for almost all my fishing.

I've kept my reels mostly stock except for a few drag upgrades over the years, and I've learned a lot from you guys on this website. This is such a great resource... it's given me motivation to start hot-rodding a few of them.  Anyway, thanks to all you guys who have contributed to this website. You've been great teachers for me. So now I hope I'm able to add a few things here and there to this site.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

Welcome aboard Eric

Mike L.I.   N.Y.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

Welcome aboard Eric. I just put delrin bottom and top of my 631-3 AJ killer and what a huge difference in smoothness. Hope to get a hook up tomorrow.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Welcome Eric!
Sal from Penna.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.