First post and thank you Alan!

Started by BigJimbo, April 08, 2015, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJimbo

Hey everyone and thank you Alan for making it possible.
Glad I stumbled on to this site.
Grew up fishing from H&M Landing to Cisco's in Oxnard with my dad, Steve Tharp. He sold sporting goods his whole life and in the 70's and 80's he knew just about every boat captain which got us a LOT of free trips out along the coast of Southern Calif. Dad has passed away a few years ago but his legacy as The Big Fisherman lives on.
I'm in Oregon now fishing for trout mainly. Did a lot of salmon runs in Coos Bay in the 90's before the Feds shut down the Coho fish farm in the bay. And there's always tasty lingcod and rock fish out of Ilwaco, WA.
Looking forward to reading posts and fishing vicariously if not in person with the rest of you.
Jim

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, where are you at in Oregon?   Chinook fishing is still good in the Coos Bay area.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BigJimbo

Thank you everyone for your generous welcome.
Now I need to figure out how to post a photo on these threads.
Tried yesterday and lost the whole page.

foakes

Hi Jim --

If you haven't already, use Photobucket.

It is free, easy to store your pics, and easy to post.

http://photobucket.com

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bestout

Quote from: foakes on April 09, 2015, 05:48:17 PM
Hi Jim --

If you haven't already, use Photobucket.

It is free, easy to store your pics, and easy to post.

http://photobucket.com

Best,

Fred
+1

BigJimbo

lets see if this works then I'll post in the proper category on the site.

BigJimbo

I pasted the url for the pics in Photobucket but no picture. Do I need to click the Insert Image icon above?
And in answer to Keta's question I'm in the Portland area with my butt tied to a desk all day.
Looks like I figured it out!!!

harryk3616

welcome  jimbo   looks like you met some fine members already, there will be more to come,  all are willing to chat with you and give tons of advice and help with any reel problem or question you might have, enjoy your stay

bestout

Quote from: BigJimbo on April 09, 2015, 06:40:41 PM
I pasted the url for the pics in Photobucket but no picture. Do I need to click the Insert Image icon above?
And in answer to Keta's question I'm in the Portland area with my butt tied to a desk all day.
Looks like I figured it out!!!

That's  a beautiful reel