how to dissemble this kind of pliers

Started by bestout, April 08, 2015, 04:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestout

So i got the Calcutta FPB02S-GS Aluminum Plier and i wanted to open them and grease the because they are gettin sticky so is there a way to open them ?
The monsters in my head are scared......

Keta

I don't have a pair but you should be able to take it apart with a spanner wrench.  I just use oil.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bestout

Quote from: Keta on April 08, 2015, 05:02:30 PM
I don't have a pair but you should be able to take it apart with a spanner wrench.  I just use oil.
Thanks Lee i manage to open this with the tip of nose pliers by turning the wheels and then an allen wrench. ill put some corrosionx :)
The monsters in my head are scared......

Reel 224

Felco has a non carbon spray lube that is used for there trimmers that works very well, Ive been using it for years and you really don't have to disassemble the tool, the oil penetrates pretty good. In our case we always soak out trimmers in bleach and then rinse them off to prevent spreading fungus from one plant to another...you could try vinegar to prevent corrosion and rinse them before lubricating. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."