Jigmaster drag problem

Started by bestout, April 10, 2015, 03:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Glad you got it figured out. Good Job Rudy.
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

When you guys say its the spool, what would be wrong with it?  The line slipping?  Or something with the shafts? 
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

RowdyW

The shaft was slipping inside the spool under load.    RUDY

Tightlines667

Glad you got it all sorted out.

Seems like this problem appears occasionally on new stock aluminum spools.  Although this reel was not upgraded or pushed beyond origional manufacturer specs, this seems like an example of the types of problems that might show up when we push the reel's limits with existing upgrades. 

Has anyone ever seen this spool shadt slipping issue on other Jigmaster spools? 

I.e. US made alum vs. Chinese made alum, Chromed bronze, Tiburon, Accurate? 

Maybe I'm overthinking this one, asside from the old 3 piece spools, any of these should certainly handle much higher stress numbers then the reels were originally designed for. 

I know the spool shafts are pressed in to the arbors in all of the above cases.  So, asside from differences in type of materials used, length of spool shaft, etc.. they should all be able to handle similar stresses before failing.  This isn't really that common of a problem, and is likely due to some manufacturing-related defect.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

bestout

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 11, 2015, 07:55:59 PM
Glad you got it all sorted out.

Seems like this problem appears occasionally on new stock aluminum spools.  Although this reel was not upgraded or pushed beyond origional manufacturer specs, this seems like an example of the types of problems that might show up when we push the reel's limits with existing upgrades. 

Has anyone ever seen this spool shadt slipping issue on other Jigmaster spools? 

I.e. US made alum vs. Chinese made alum, Chromed bronze, Tiburon, Accurate? 

Maybe I'm overthinking this one, asside from the old 3 piece spools, any of these should certainly handle much higher stress numbers then the reels were originally designed for. 

I know the spool shafts are pressed in to the arbors in all of the above cases.  So, asside from differences in type of materials used, length of spool shaft, etc.. they should all be able to handle similar stresses before failing.  This isn't really that common of a problem, and is likely due to some manufacturing-related defect.

Bryan has seen 2 i think he told me .
The monsters in my head are scared......

bestout

Thanks everyone your guys are the best

Alto Mare

Yup! you could rest assured that members here will always get to the bottom of it.
If somehow we can't solve the problem, we send it to this guy, he'll take care of it ;)  ;D
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9570.0
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 12, 2015, 01:26:26 AM
Yup! you could rest assured that members here will always get to the bottom of it.
If somehow we can't solve the problem, we send it to this guy, he'll take care of it ;)  ;D

Lol  :o  ;D
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

bestout

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 12, 2015, 01:26:26 AM
hahaha xD