Just When You Thought It couldn't Get Worse

Started by Rivverrat, May 04, 2015, 04:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Wasn't sure where to post this.
This fella makes some obvious mistakes. But I think we all can agree regardles what type of craft we take to the water on we at some time during our pursuit, if we've been doing it long, have had days like this fellas has here. Kudos to him for posting it!

It's well worth watching in it's entirety. His 3 word comment at the end is prceless.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Not so bad! He got the fish and now has an excuse to get all new gear!! You are right, his last statement is hilarious!

Alto Mare

Yup! he did get the fish. Still, he got lucky Mr. Shark wasn't around that day :-\...I'll stick with the boat. ::)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Elli said I am not allowed to fish with a yak. I agree.

Reel 224

;D ;D That was scary and funny all at the same time, but for him one expensive fishing experience that's for sure. I guess it was to difficult for him to steer it the direction of the fighting fish. I give that guy credit for keeping his cool and landing that fish.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Marcq

Guys in the ocean on yaks have balls of steel

Marc..

Reel 224

Quote from: Marcq on May 04, 2015, 06:36:42 PM
Guys in the ocean on yaks have balls of steel

Marc..

Really ??? And there brains are made of what?
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bestout

are those fish finder waterproof? poor guy he lost so much, i would just lose the drag a bit more
The monsters in my head are scared......

harryk3616

were gonna need a bigger boat,     very fortunate he was able to get back in the yak, no fish is worth your life, very rough seas,  fog,   guy's want to be a hero, nobody wants to be labeled a chicken and say, no, turn around.  how many times you break an inlet and you see a freighter in the distance and as your cruising to the fishing grounds  chatting with your buddies, all of a sudden your on a collision course with the freighter, in a fog without radar, bye bye,  the freighter wouldn't even know you hit each other.  gotta be safe out there.

BonitaBch

I was waiting for him to get hit by space debris ... he capsized, lost 80% of his gear, and broke his rod.  At least his storage box was tethered. ;D
Bonita Beach, FL

Dominick

Quote from: harryk3616 on May 04, 2015, 09:49:35 PM
were gonna need a bigger boat,     very fortunate he was able to get back in the yak, no fish is worth your life, very rough seas,  fog,   guy's want to be a hero, nobody wants to be labeled a chicken and say, no, turn around.  how many times you break an inlet and you see a freighter in the distance and as your cruising to the fishing grounds  chatting with your buddies, all of a sudden your on a collision course with the freighter, in a fog without radar, bye bye,  the freighter wouldn't even know you hit each other.  gotta be safe out there.
I got run down by a commercial fishing boat.  The guy running the boat was drunk and fell asleep.  He had the boat on autopilot and I was drifting for rockfish.  It happened just like you say.  You look up and there is a boat on the horizon.  You go back to fishing and all of a sudden there is this giant boat bearing down on you.  I jumped up and tried to get the boat started but it had been turned off for so long it needed partial choke to get started and would not start in time.  The fishing boat was pushing so much water in front of it that it pushed my boat partially out of the way and sideswiped me.  My boat listed and I was ready to dive into the water.  My friend and his 15 year old froze like deer in the headlights and I was yelling to jump free of the boat if it was going over.  Thanks to Grady White's stability the boat righted itself and we were okay at the point.  Everything happened so fast at that point that I forgot that a shark had been circling the boat about 1/2 hour before this almost disaster.  Exciting stuff during lazy rock fishing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

That was real Hemingway stuff there....."Old Man and The Sea"....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rivverrat

Alan, that was a pretty funny clip.

Dominick, I hope I never experience anything close to what you did in your story.
If I lived near the ocean & could afford one a Grady White would be the boat I would have.

Zimbass

Quote from: alantani on May 05, 2015, 01:08:12 AM
reminded me of this guy......

Had to wipe the tears away from my eyes to type this  ;D ;D :D :D
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.