New member!

Started by RonRico, June 03, 2015, 03:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonRico

Hi there, just want to introduce myself. My name is Steve, I live in Florida, and I have a reel problem.

I have roughly 20 Penn reels of all different kinds and I don't even fish!  ;D I've been collecting them for several years, I just love tinkering with them.

That's changing this year, though. I'm planning on doing some inshore fishing with my father this weekend.
Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*

*Not actually from St. Pomme de Terre*

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Steve. Let us know how you do.
Life is Good!

MFB

G'day Steve,

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Welcome it looks like you were a reel addict and didn't know it.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RonRico

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll definitely post the results of our fishing outing this weekend.
Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*

foakes

Welcome, Steve --

Look forward to your fishing report.

Have you ever repoed cars, or practiced Bounty Hunting on TV?

You look like that Dog guy -- great pic!

Glad to have you on board!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Welcome Ron...um I mean Steve,
Feel free to share pictures and thoughts.  We might or might not like the latter, but we are all learning..and possibly enabling our addictions here.  Stay awile, I think you will like it here.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Fisherman Paul

Hi Steve, in this order, put line on reel, put reel on rod,
put bait on hook and cast in to the water, fish on, you will
never look back.

Tight lines.

Fisherman Paul

Just to add Steve, why are some guys calling you Rod :D
see that's the effect this forum has always thinking of fishing
hence rod, I mean Steve :D :)

All joking aside have a good one.

RonRico

Alright, now will be a good time to explain my screen name, should have done it sooner!  ;D

Ron Rico is the titular character of one of my favorite movies, Captain Ron. It's a very funny movie if you like boats and or sailing.

Today was spent, among other things, practicing casting with my father. Getting ready for the weekend. We'll be using my tackle, mainly a Penn Mag 10 and Peer 209, possibly a couple of others.

Which reminds me, three more reels came in from ebay today. Two nice 209s, an older red one and a newer black one, and a 350 Leveline. The leveline came in damaged in shipping. A real shame, it was otherwise in perfect shape.

Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*

foakes

How is your 350 damaged, Steve?

I have a few NOS parts for these.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

RonRico

Fred, if you look at the reel from the front (or back for that matter) it looks like the entire thing is leaning to one side. The stand is bent and the spool won't turn at all. Haven't taken it apart to see what all is wrong with it. Might just go ahead and do that.
Steve from Florida

*Not actually named Ron*