Fishing for Charity!

Started by gstours, June 19, 2015, 05:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Hey Gary do you charter?  Is GS Tours a charter outfit and if so where can I get information for fishing with you in Alaska.  Chasing big butts is on my bucket list.  My biggest butt is maybe 10lbs. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on June 20, 2015, 04:54:48 AM
Hey Gary do you charter?  Is GS Tours a charter outfit and if so where can I get information for fishing with you in Alaska.  Chasing big butts is on my bucket list.  My biggest butt is maybe 10lbs. Dominick

Dominick,

I will meet you up there 2nd or 3rd weekend in September*.  I would love to go fishing with this guy.  And I am going to be in Sitka to reup my marine safety instructor certification.  

*correction made.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

October and November isn't usually a good time to visit SE Alaska unless you like hard sideways rain.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 20, 2015, 06:03:50 AM

Dominick,

I will meet you up there 2nd or 3rd weekend in November.  I would love to go fishing with this guy.  And I am going to be in Sitka to reup my marine safety instructor certification. 
I like adventure but not when the hard stuff is going sideways.  After researching fishing in Alaska I'll stick to the summer months.  Are you really going in November.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Dominick on June 21, 2015, 06:30:24 PM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 20, 2015, 06:03:50 AM

Dominick,

I will meet you up there 2nd or 3rd weekend in November.  I would love to go fishing with this guy.  And I am going to be in Sitka to reup my marine safety instructor certification. 
I like adventure but not when the hard stuff is going sideways.  After researching fishing in Alaska I'll stick to the summer months.  Are you really going in November.  Dominick

I am going to be up there in September.  I am registered and paid for the sept 22-25 training in Sitka, and could concievably charter a plane from Juneau to Gun either before (18-20), or after (26-28), or I may just hop on a charter outta Sitka.
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

Forget the butts, that is moose season.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 21, 2015, 07:04:06 PM
Forget the butts, that is moose season.

I am on a budget...
The Federal government travel budget ;)

Not sure if there are still enough Coho around this time of year to catch them trolling.  I imagine the runs extend later as one moves south though.  I think the Kings have left the scene by this point. 

Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

You can catch coho in Sept but it is a bit chilly.

TomT

In Alaska it can be a "bit Chilly" in July.  In Sept it probably can be "cold" ;D ;D
TomT

Tightlines667

Quote from: TomT on June 22, 2015, 05:56:36 AM
In Alaska it can be a "bit Chilly" in July.  In Sept it probably can be "cold" ;D ;D
TomT

I hail from the land of ice n snow..Minnesnowta..origionally, and I prefer the crisp fall air to this boring Hawaii weather when I travel.
Hope springs eternal

Keta

Quote from: TomT on June 22, 2015, 05:56:36 AM
In Alaska it can be a "bit Chilly" in July.  In Sept it probably can be "cold" ;D ;D
TomT

In SE October is the month of change, Septembers are usually OK if you don't mind the rain.  In October we often got 90 mph or higher winds and heavy rain.  The coho were often over 20 pounds by September.  September is one month into deer season (6 months when I was there) and moose started in October.

August is the best month in SE.  Deer, mountain goat, large coho, good halibut and usually fairly good weather.  Unfortunately August was also the start of my fall maintenance run and I was away from home until late October or early November home most weekends though.  The good thing was I had time when I was in the field for fishing and the state provided me a skiff and motor, hunting was a PIA but we did manage a few deer.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gstours

Ya many a good man has had to work on a great fishing day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!gst.
   And Alaska (all of it) can have its beautiful and they can  seasons fairlly short, and somewhat predictable,  the rest of the time not so great weatherwise.  But its not for everybody.  You have to choose your spot, I like mine at times!    gst.

Keta

I miss living and working in SE Alaska, even the rain.  Never got closer to you than Hoonah.

Mark Twain