Big Cobe Cranked up with Tani Power Handle

Started by Childers, July 07, 2015, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Childers

Here's a large Cobe a mate winched up with a power handle from Alan on a Tld25 recently

off the Gold Coast in Australia

enjoy

Capt Ahab

otownjoe

Tiddlerbasher

Newell Nut

Nice cobia and they are very good to eat. My wife likes to bake the head and the head meat is better than the body meat to me. To do this prepare it properly by removing the gills. Cobia meat is light and nearly tasteless so it is good with what ever seasoning that you like.

Shark Hunter

Nice fish! That paddle in looked a lot easier than the one on the way out. ;)
Life is Good!

nelz

I was wondering how he was going to deal with a wild thrashing cobia on a kayak, (they are known for causing havoc once landed), but this guy has got it together!

conchydong

Nice catch. Cobia is one of my top 10 fish to eat for sure.

broadway

Thanks for bringing us out in your "Yak" with ya.... well done!
Those cob have a beautiful gold color to them.
Thanks
Dom

Steve-O

Super Deluxe!  Yeah, that paddle out looked like work to me and I kayak fish, too.

Great catch, thanks for sharing.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Prof. Salt

Congratulations, that's a beautiful fish. Cobia can be really difficult to handle at the kayak, but you seem to have it down!

Alto Mare

Nice fish!!! Thanks for taking us along.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Childers

Thank's boy's as I said it'd not actually me he's a crazy mate of mine who's obsessed with fishing

He's a school teacher and doe's about 200 fishing trips a year up early a quick fishing trip then goes to work

I was fortunate enough that he also got me in to kayak fishing and showed me how where and when to smack a few trophy fish as well

I initially ordered this power handle from Alan for myself for a Tld25 but found the set up a little bit too big and cumbersome for the kayak and dropped back to a Tld15 so passed the 25 on to old mate as I knew he would utilise it on the big Cobes

Cheers Guys

steelfish

holly Guacalmole!

thats a great fish

btw, how much yards of braid line do you have on your TLD25?

The Baja Guy