Penn 115l jack and yoke not engaging

Started by Southernsharker, July 16, 2015, 12:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernsharker

Hey guys

On one of my 9/0 I have it apart and the eccentric jack will not push down or engage the yoke. when I've taken the reels apart it was never a problem  for me to put it back together I usually  hook up the jack and push the springs down with the yoke till it slides under and that's that. But now when I do it and pull the lever the jack just pushes the yoke and pinion away it won't slide over it and push it down. Is there something  I'm missing?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Southernsharker

Should the side with the numbers be up or down on the yoke?

foakes

This is probably not the issue, SS -- but like Lee sez -- flip the yoke -- also make sure the pinion and "C" part of the yoke is towards the main gear for proper orientation and function.

You probably already did this properly -- but without a picture -- we are going by guesswork, here.

Also, after that -- make certain the ears on the jack are not weird -- could need adjusting/bending slightly -- if out of position -- not likely -- but possible.

Let us know what you discover.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Southernsharker

I was able to get the jack and yoke to engage when the main gear is set. Now I have a new problem I'll post in a new thread. Thanks for your help you guys