My Own Tank 2.0

Started by Shark Hunter, August 03, 2015, 08:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I was so excited to finally get my hands on Mr. Chui's new heat treated gears for the 113H, I forgot to get some ss dogs. I do have Adam's insert and handle with ss sleeve and a 3/0 Kokelar grip.
This is a standard width frame I got from Bryan. My second tank, I only want to build one more and that's a HLW.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Very nice! You keep saying just one more, soon you will run out of room, don't ask how I know ;D.
What does the 2.0 stands for?
Nice reel!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on August 03, 2015, 09:37:46 AM
Tank no 2 :-\
No, I don't believe that's what he meant.
The Tank started almost 5 years ago, man, I've been here a long time ;D.
There have been hundreds of tanks built by many.

Maybe Daron meant to write 4.0? :-\, it doesn't really matters anyway, I was just wondering.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Its just means an improvement over my original Tank Thread.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7872.0
George started it when he improved his Silver Beach. My original Thread was The 99 Club.
He tapped that Tiburon frame and called his post The 99 Club 2.0.
Life is Good!

Dominick

Daron I like the chrome look.  I might switch from the ones on the original tank.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 03, 2015, 04:56:50 PM
Its just means an improvement over my original Tank Thread.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7872.0
George started it when he improved his Silver Beach. My original Thread was The 99 Club.
He tapped that Tiburon frame and called his post The 99 Club 2.0.
Now I see why its confusing, this one is a 4/0 not a Jigmaster size.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on August 03, 2015, 05:31:49 PM
Daron I like the chrome look.  I might switch from the ones on the original tank.  Dominick
Dominic, contact Jason "fIsHsTiiCkS", I'm sure he would love to trade those rings.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 03, 2015, 08:11:02 PM
Quote from: Dominick on August 03, 2015, 05:31:49 PM
Dominic, contact Jason "fIsHsTiiCkS", I'm sure he would love to trade those rings.
I haven't made up my mind yet.  If I do do it I was going to offer them to you.  I'll trade them for a pair of new outside chrome rings if you can't use them.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Black Pearl

Daron, how do you like the heat treated gear set?

Shark Hunter

I haven't checked the drag yet with the insert, but it feels smooth. The fit and finish is perfect.
I need to get something on the other end. ;D
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I've got all the pieces for my third Tank Build.
SS Sleeve, Insert kit from Adam, Chui's 416ss gears. A Cobalt Blue HLW Frame from Chowderpuff and a HLW Anniversary spool. This will give me a Narrow, Standard and Wide Tank Trio. ;D
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Hey Daron, is that one of Adams handle arms ?? Me likes it  :o :o
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!