Extended Handle For US113

Started by Rivverrat, August 07, 2015, 12:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Where can I get an extended handle for the US113?

Rivverrat

Any one?  I'm just wanting a handle that is a bit longer than the stock one.

Dominick

Alan had Sumo handles.  I have one on the tank.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Be careful with longer handles, those will really rock your reel when under stress. It is ok to have them 1/4" to 1" longer, but I wouldn't go any further...just my opinion.
Adam's handles are approximately 1/2" longer than stock, that's what we both decided on.
This might not be an issue on larger reels, as from the 6/0 and up.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Thanks guys.
Ya, I'm only wanting something a tad longer than stock. I've seen some power handles for this reel but as you stated Sal, I am concerned about the extra leverage they would provide being as long as they were.

Rivverrat

Who is Adam?  How do I purchase one of his handles?

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

I don't have anything to fit the Baja/US senator, but I could if there is interest.

Alto Mare

Oops, that was my mistake, the 113 threw me off. How many orders would you need to make them happy Adam?

Three se7ens

4-5 handles would be enough Id have some cut.

I have a gear sleeve to test fit, but I would need an accurate measurement for the location of the lock screw for the handle nut. And what length and design.

handi2

If you need a stock US113N handle I can send you one. You can send it back when you're done with the Daiwa 900 or 910 main gear I sent you.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

maybe you just need a bigger handle knob.

for me the handle size is perfect for this reel, if you put the handle on the last hole that add a really good leverage.

I really dont know if I'ii ever need a longer handle, but Im interested if a new product for the Baja comes from this thread.
Already have the handle knob so..  ;D ;D

The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Steelfish, you may be right about just needing a a bigger knob being all I need.