Grande - Point Loma 8/29-8/31

Started by dangalang, August 25, 2015, 06:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangalang

I'm just booked a spot on the Grande out of Point Loma for this upcoming weekend. We leave at 9pm on 8/29 and return 6am 8/31. I know it's last minute, but any of you SoCal guys care to join me? Warren? Mark T? Anyhow, hopefully I'll have a nice report for everyone.

dangalang

Nothing but peanut YFT with a ~20# Dorado as the biggest fish. 113 YFT, 33 Dorado, and a few Skipjack and YT for the day. Wind and swell were up so we did pretty good for the conditions. I landed 3 and lost a bunch more due to combat style fishing. I had fun, but I definitely got spoiled on Alan's trip.

Bryan Young

Quote from: dangalang on September 01, 2015, 05:31:27 PM
Nothing but peanut YFT with a ~20# Dorado as the biggest fish. 113 YFT, 33 Dorado, and a few Skipjack and YT for the day. Wind and swell were up so we did pretty good for the conditions. I landed 3 and lost a bunch more due to combat style fishing. I had fun, but I definitely got spoiled on Alan's trip.
Fresh sashimi right there.  Yup, don't like combat fishing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Hey, what's combat fishing? It sounds like you should bring a gun. ;D ;D

Steve-O

Quote from: RowdyW on September 01, 2015, 06:40:02 PM
Hey, what's combat fishing? It sounds like you should bring a gun. ;D ;D

That's why I haven't bothered with a party boat, yet.

And why I go to Prince of Wales Island Alaska and not the Kenai.

Aiala

Combat fishing is the best reason to save up and book a trip on one of the premier boats... courtesy instead of crowds, relaxation instead of riots, tuna instead of tangles.   ::)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

bluefish69

Aiala

You should bring these guys to NY for Blue Fishing. I worked deck on a trip on an 85' boat & 97 fares. Now this is combat fishing. I know a woman that fishes every weekend. If you get in her space you ribs are bruised by days end.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Hamachi

Just finished up my combat fishing session on the tribute. 2 mahi and 5 yft = daily bag limit, who knew?
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Aiala

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 02, 2015, 01:17:05 AM
Aiala,
you should bring these guys to NY for Blue Fishing. I worked deck on a trip on an 85' boat & 97 fares. Now this is combat fishing. I know a woman that fishes every weekend. If you get in her space your ribs are bruised by day's end. Mike

Mike, I used to fish nighttime blues on the old RANGER back in the late '70s. It was true combat fishing, chaos in the dark, not for the faint of heart. I loved it... but I was much younger then. Wouldn't dream of it now. ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Hamachi

Hey Mel thanks for the invite. I can't seem to find the Pride on the schedule for those dates. I'll go.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

dangalang

Quote from: Hamachi on September 05, 2015, 07:52:34 PM
Just finished up my combat fishing session on the tribute. 2 mahi and 5 yft = daily bag limit, who knew?

Nice job Warren!! I was confused about that too, maybe cause we were fishing in Mexican waters?