Ideas for replacements Instead the harness lugs on a 113h

Started by steelfish, October 07, 2015, 04:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

guys, I have a friend that use his narrow 113h for everything when fishing, bait fishing, casting jigs, trolling, etc
but he hates the harness lugs, he actually took them out from his reel but I told him that its not recommended because the water intrusion on the internals, he agreed with me but after using the baja special for some time from his friend now he cannot stand the "tall" harness lugs.
as you know in the 113h those things are not reversible as they are on the Baja Special.

my only idea its to cut them dow with the dremel but before doing it I wanted to know if you guys have had another case similar and what you ended up doing.

thanks in advance.

PS: in another topic, what reel base will fit the narrow 113h, he was using a newell one but the rear "foot" is broken.

The Baja Guy

mizmo67

Cut and file is the only solution I can think of. Unless someone out there has made a custom plug for it.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

foakes

I have made plugs with a screw hole out of hard rubber or Delrin -- Nylon would probably work also.

Just shape with a grinder -- grease it up good with Yamaha Marine or Penn Blue Grease -- install, and it makes a good water barrier -- flush and out of the way.

Then if you ever want to use the harness lugs -- they are still original and ready to install.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelfish

thanks Fred and Maureen,

a custom plug seems like the way to go, I think I can find a flat bar of PVC thin enough on the hardware store to make it work.

If I have sucess I will post the custom part in this thread.

any info on a replacement reel foot for a narrow 113h?
The Baja Guy

mizmo67

Cool, Fred! Just outline the original lug and grind it down to a rectangle, awesome.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

handi2

You can get the harness lugs for the Baja Special and use them. That's what I do on custom reels using the frame.

The outer radius is already there. I don't remember if I had to cut them shorter or not.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

and how much do you think they will go Adam?

my friend is not picky on the parts as long as they work, but some SS would like nice for sure
The Baja Guy