Another New Guy

Started by weather_man, October 13, 2015, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weather_man

Thank you for accepting me into the forums. My name is Pablo and I am originally from South Texas. I have been in the Navy for 22 years and plan to do a lot more fishing in a couple more. Found these forums while I was googling how to reassemble a certain Abu reel. Already this group has helped me tremendously, which is why I decided to sign up.

I have been disassembling reels since I was a kid, maybe now I can start fixing some of them.  ;D

My other hobbies include building and flying RC airplanes, riding motorbikes, little bit of Golf, darts and of course fishing, mostly the surf type.

I look forward to interacting with all you very knowledgeable folks as I embark into this reel cool world. By the way, I have no idea how I got interested in this reel stuff, but already I have started shopping around for used vintage reels to disassemble and, fix of course.

thorhammer

Pablo,

First, thank you for your dedicated career in the service; second welcome aboard!!!

Nice drum you got there

Thor

newport

Shark Hunter

Welcome Pablo!
Glad to have you and I too thank you for your service. ;)
Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Pablo --

Lots to share here.

What was your specialty in the Navy?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

weather_man

Quote from: foakes on October 14, 2015, 05:42:48 AM
Welcome aboard, Pablo --

Lots to share here.

What was your specialty in the Navy?

Best,

Fred

I have been an Aerographer's Mate (Navy Meteorology and Oceanography) for 18 years. Most of my time I've supported the mine warfare folks. To clarify, my first four years were actually in the Marine Corps infantry.

Thanks all for the welcome.

Tiddlerbasher

Steve-O

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for your service!

Fellow RC pilot(mostly slope) and army brat.

reelrepair123

welcome  pablo     a bunch of great members here always looking tom help one another, enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask questions or for help.  harryk

weather_man

I found all the rods I was needing. My son bought this lot for 80 dollars and some of them even came with reels.  8)
I think he did well for 80 bucks. I am actually looking forward to the winter this year when I will be going through all of these.

thorhammer

$80 for that haul.....all day. well done.

weather_man

Quote from: thorhammer on October 26, 2015, 06:00:46 PM

Yes he did good, but now I'm short on reels...

Steve-O

Quote from: weather_man on October 26, 2015, 06:09:07 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on October 26, 2015, 06:00:46 PM

Yes he did good, but now I'm short on reels...

See this thread on the 7500 reel:

5    Reel Rebuild Tutorials and Questions / Ambassadeur Tutorials and Questions / Re: Ambassadeur 7500C high speed   on: October 22, 2015, 03:57:46 AM
Quote from: steelfish on October 21, 2015, 05:21:41 PM
Quote from: weather_man on October 19, 2015, 10:03:35 AM
I'm  good now, I think I have all the reels I need.

yep.. good memories

why? I remember the day I said that to myself too... but each year I add few reels to my collection because I "need them"..

Yeah, I can see how that could happen. I don't know if I could resist another Ambassadeur or Penn if I happened on one at the swap meet. What I do need now are some rods.

And NOW the addiction has taken hold.

BTW-- that is a good haul for the money! ;D

thorhammer

As I recall, i just noted on 7500 thread you'd get another cheap reel and be hunting two rods not one....I was wrong, sort of :)

This is what happens (just a small part of it):