Sell or upgrade penn special senator 114hl made usa

Started by Wicho5981, October 24, 2015, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

For bait I'd stick with the stock gears but speed 'em up for jigging. Either way I'd go with a bigger handle. The fish interface with the reel via the drags while you interface with the handle.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Wicho5981

Thanks for all your suggestion I should be done with this project by Christmas time might even throw in tib frame. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Alto Mare

I could get it done for you in a half hour, but you've mentioned Tiburon frame. I have narrowed Tiburon kits, but those are not cheap :-\.
If you're not in a hurry, take your time and purchase a little at a time.
You should have spacer bars on that reel, those are better than the round posts. You might not need a frame.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Wicho5981

I'm in no hurry most likely do little at a time . Its going to be nice to have my first custom. The tib frame is expensive most likely I won't buy.

MarkT

I bought mine years ago with a nice red Tiburon frame for $120. They haven't gone up in price since then... look what tld20's with Tib frames go for! It may be cheaper to get one with a frame, swap parts around, then sell one that's more or less stock.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Shark Hunter

Wicho,
You also need a stainless yoke with those gears. Dawn has them.
Life is Good!