reasonable condition.... I'll
get it ready for the dance.
I gave $15.
I will show after appreciation
photos when re-hab completed.

Here they are...
https://imgur.com/a/j6mMQrO

Maxed Out

Nice !! Hard to go wrong at "pocket change" prices. Your long beach 66 dates to 1946-49. A very capable reel.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

cdaline

Thanks Maxed out ....
I had no idea on the
Time frame on the Penn
No. 66. Can hardly wait
To dig in to its rehab .
The High Speed will win no
Beauty contests but what
A well built reel ! I thought
It was early to mid 60's
But that is just a guess.
Thanks again !  :fish

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Quote from: cdaline on June 18, 2023, 04:35:27 AMThanks Maxed out ....
I had no idea on the
Time frame on the Penn
No. 66. Can hardly wait
To dig in to its rehab .
The High Speed will win no
Beauty contests but what
A well built reel ! I thought
It was early to mid 60's
But that is just a guess.
Thanks again !  :fish

In 1950, Penn phased out the picture plate on long beach 60,65,66,67, & 68. That same year Penn started stamping part numbers on most every part. Your 66 has no part numbers on any visible parts(spool,tail bushing, handle nut, and seat). The counterbalance on the handle on your reel is post war, this makes your lb66 1946-1949.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

cdaline

Thanks for the backstory
Ted ! I do enjoy the
side plate art on the
Long Beach ... cool light
house, sailboat and sea
gulls. The various Penn
eras make for interesting
reading/learning. Thanks
for sharing.

Cuttyhunker

If condition is "everything" to the collector I then may have just acquired the least collectable Penn on the planet.  I had never seen pitting quite like this even with the old school guides back in the day on Cuttyhunk when I was a kid.  Rinsing the reels meant going fishing in the rain.  However as you go down through the pix you may see some redeeming qualities in the old girl, not a generation 1, but looks prewar.  Probably stored in a leaky shed the day after Pearl Harbor, and staying right there until this morning.
The second of the deal, a pre 65ish 115 mounted on an old school surf rod with the terminal gear still in place.  I'd like to call your attention to the anti-buoyancy device totally devoid of heavy metals.  I'm certain that the EPA would take great interest in this particular device making it mandatory in all tackle boxes in the near future.  I have done dumber stuff with a hundred bucks....but not much.

Oh all functions are working making these the AK47's  of the reel world

DSC02559.JPGDSC02560.JPGDSC02561.JPGDSC02562.JPGDSC02563.JPGDSC02564.JPGDSC02565.JPGDSC02566.JPGDSC02567.JPGDSC02568.JPGDSC02569.JPG
Doomed from childhood

1badf350

I recently picked up this clean International 6 with spare spool. The name on top of the box makes me wonder...
Could it be the man himself? Wishful thinking I know
D82A7E47-A276-465B-B60E-F3773DD4399F.jpegE41EBA35-50C1-45A4-885D-BB81FD57D8AB.jpeg3F4EE2B2-F2F8-4EE9-BBED-29360B5952F4.jpeg6B5AC3FC-EC05-41AD-8937-42B776B7DD9F.jpeg
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

Another reel from the Penn Time Machine. Very nice reel and a spare spool to boot. Could it be?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Robert Janssen

Fantastic! What a great find!

And no, I don't think it is wishful thinking at all. In fact, I think it is quite likely.

Well done, Chris. Dig into the provenance as hard as you can. There is a story here.

1badf350

Got a nice black 711 today.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

thorhammer

I dunno what's sharper, the two reels or your lawn, brother.

1badf350

Quote from: thorhammer on July 18, 2023, 11:34:56 AMI dunno what's sharper, the two reels or your lawn, brother.
LOL thanks  :d
-Chris

Crab Pot

Well my Senator collection is down to just missing two reels after my 12/0 arrived today.

All I'm missing is the 10/0 and the 16/0.

Found the 12/0 in Texas.

Facebook Marketplace.

$225 shipped it was mine.

;D

Steve

Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Shellbelly

This 9/0 arrived yesterday.  I believe this is a 2nd generation.  It came with the aftermarket handle and the spool had been replaced.  None of the parts are numbered.  I had a few period-correct parts and used these to spruce it up a little.  If I understand what I've been reading, this is a pre-war reel at the earliest or pre-1950 at the latest.  The single-lug plates and rings suggest pre-war.  Catalogs don't provide the clearest guidance for this time period.

I believe these are "new" drags and possibly "new" steel gears.  It's in fair to good shape but needs to have the correct spool and handle (WTB!).  Lastly, the lugs may not be correct.  They seem small to me.

I think I have 3 generations of 115's.  How many are there....like 7 or 8 by now?

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)