THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Cortez_Conversions

Looks like you had a great time Wayne. Looking forward to the inshore report!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Nice, Wayne! My buddy Jim coined the phrase right before we went out of Cozumel, with a Bloody, and he caught the first white marlin of their season last April.

I cannot take credit for the leader, regrettably I didn't even get Tank on a rod; that topshot came form Dominic's weed eater.....

steelfish

Skipjack and bonita is bait fish?
Not worthy for a foto on the tank?

Geesh, I need to stop posting pics of corvinas on the Baja Special..

BTW, great pics and terrific times
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Beautiful place and great report, Wayne. I'm glad you had a great time.

Thanks for sharing.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

x2 - great report Wayne, thanks for sharing.
It's a little slice of paradise down there!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

El Pescador

Justin, Sorry I missed you visiting family in Morro Bay, sounds like a great party at Alan's place for sure,
Mag Bay, WHAT a fishery!!!!!

Short update on a very future post,

50+ fish per rod per day!!!

I caught 15 species of fish on the Penn 450SS, WHAT a reel for the inshore!

For those of you who fish for Triggerfish, PLEASE tell me HOW they can eat a 6" shrimp when only two pencils will fit in their mouth???  Inquiring minds want to know....

More sooner than later,

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on November 14, 2016, 02:33:11 AM

For those of you who fish for Triggerfish, PLEASE tell me HOW they can eat a 6" shrimp when only two pencils will fit in their mouth???  Inquiring minds want to know....

Wayne
They take small bites.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: El Pescador on November 14, 2016, 02:33:11 AM

if you are asking how to fish for triggers with 6" shrimp, well first you have to cut the shrimp on small pieces of 3/4" or 1" max, then put them on 1/0 or 2/0 hooks not bigger than that, make a two loops on your terminal rig and thats it, if you ever get two big triggerfish on the same line get ready for some serious fight.

if the question was how they can eat 6" shrimp with their small mounths, then Dominick already gave the answer

The Baja Guy

Dominick

Quote from: Rothmar2 on December 17, 2016, 09:33:36 PM
Where's Tank now?
Sitting on my work bench.  I don't have anyone scheduled.  It's getting into winter now and fishing here slows down.  I'm not going to Cabo until next June.  If anyone wants to put a hurting on it big game fishing let me know.  I'm waiting for Striper Lou to create the perfect knob for it.  That doesn't mean I won't ship it out if someone wants to use it.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

ez2cdave

I just read all 16 pages ( so far ) of this thread . . . "INCREDIBLE" is the only word that come to mind !

Tight Lines & MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Dominick

Here is the Tank with a new look thanks to Lou's great work.  John (Thorhammer) wants to use the Tank in May.  I want to use it in June.  Any takers after that?  Dominick