Fish In a Barrel

Started by ChileRelleno, November 07, 2015, 11:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Fish in a barrel, its what I call catching at catfish ponds.
And its definitely catching and not fishing, but for a couple of kids it makes for a priceless afternoon.
HAH! Priceless, there's a joke, my entrance fee was $15.00 for catch and release and the kids were free.
The fish were $2.10 per # and we took home 30#s of fish, plus bait, snack/drinks and gas...  Well, you do the math.

But yeah, the day was priceless for my baby girl & I together.  8)
She caught the most fish, the biggest fish and was a hoot to watch and encourage.
Her biggest fish experience to date has been a good sized Bream, she was screaming when the first cat hit her rod.
It was a nice 4#Channel and you'd thought it was eating her alive.  :D  LMAO!

Then later she caught our biggest kitty of the day, a 6.5#

By the end of the day she was an ol'pro and slamming them.

Nathaniel came with us too...  Did I mention that this was actually his 10th Birthday Fishing Trip?
He turns ten on the 11th/Veterans Day  :o  Ten years, where does the time go.
It was his choice, fishing the catfish farm or a new hay bale archery target.
He thought it was just gonna be Daddy and him as usual, but I brought lil'sister and he wasn't really keen on the idea.
His bi#!*ing gave him some bad mojo for the day, his rod was barely touched, he resorted to grabbing my rod at every opportunity.

No pics as usual of fish on our cleaning table, it was raining when we got home to clean'em.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

conchydong

That is the best part of our sport/hobby. Seeing kids enjoy themselves is priceless. Way to go!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: conchydong on November 07, 2015, 11:51:39 PM
That is the best part of our sport/hobby. Seeing kids enjoy themselves is priceless. Way to go!
Most definitely!
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Bill B

Cool beans brother....enjoy while they are still young..
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Alto Mare

John, you and Nathaniel better watch out, from this pic, I could tell fishing comes natural to your girl

elbows close to the body, shoulders square and she also knows how to pick the best reel out of the bunch ;D.
Very nice John, thanks for sharing your memory making days with us, nothing like fishing with your kids.

Happy Birthday Nathaniel ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

John you know how to live.   :-* for the sweet life.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: TARFU on November 07, 2015, 11:58:33 PM
Cool beans brother....enjoy while they are still young..

Yep, all too soon they'll be teenagers and think I'm old, fat and stupid.

@ Sal,
you know Daddy's lil'girl is only gonna get the best gear  ;)

@ Dom,
I ain't rich nor well off by any means, but if life gets any sweeter I'll be a diabetic.

Story I forgot to tell.
Nathaniel hooked the biggest fish of the trip, but that bad mojo got him again.
He had an easy 18-20#er on the line, three feet from shore he pops it off by trying to high stick it onto the bank.
The boy almost cried.  :'(

Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

HOLEINTHEWATER

Keta

Kids are the future, looks like this one is hooked.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain