Is There A Solution?

Started by SoCalAngler, November 11, 2015, 05:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Quote from: bluefish69 on November 13, 2015, 04:56:28 PM
Mark

I just checked. I have a Penn 30-49 Reel seat with Clamp. Old owner cut the screws for the Clamp shorter but they are easy to get. If you don't need the Clamp I can put it back in it's home.

Do you want it???

Mike

Mike thanks for the offer and I may just take you up on it. I don't want to sound ungrateful but my Monofil is like new condition and I would like to get a reel foot that looks the same. I know I can get that from Scott's and the their not that much.

I'm not 100% sure I can still get the rod since I waited a bit. It is a $300 rod the guy was selling for $140 so my feeling is I bet someone already beat me to it. If not Mike I'll send you a PM and we can discuss condition, price and such.

I only have the guys email so I will send him one tomorrow and see if he still has it. Man I sure hope so.

SoCalAngler

There's good news and bad. The bad news is the guy sold the rod today while I was at work, darn. The good news is I have line to the same manufacture and model of rod which looks in like new condition as the other. I work hours that change from week to week starting anywhere from at 6 am to getting off at 11:30 pm so meeting up with others that work can be a pain. I don't have a day off until this Tuesday and I asked if this other seller if he will hold onto the rod until that time.......we will see.

SoCalAngler

Bought the rod today. Got a better deal Than I thought on a rod that looks like it has been fished maybe twice.

What I found interesting about this rod is that even though it is lighter in it's action to the 800XL I have it is heavier in over all weight, even though the 800XL has a reel seat.

Mike, thank your offer for the reel stand but I'm not 100% sure which reel I will mount to the rod. If you have any other offers on the part you should take it. You see I also have G-220 that needs a home and this rod may be it.

I just may keep the Monofil 27 on my Super Sabre since it has a reel seat and break out this setup when I feel like going "old school" like I did at the end of October when I caught the 27 lb yellowfin with 15 lb test with this setup.

bluefish69

No problem     I will put it back in the closet

Mike

I just bought a brand new Side Winder today. No Gears 1-1 gearing. Derlin Spool with Brass Machined Reel Seat & Shaft. This is truly old style reel.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

swill88

Quote from: SoCalAngler on November 17, 2015, 11:12:54 PM
Bought the rod today. Got a better deal Than I thought on a rod that looks like it has been fished maybe twice.

What I found interesting about this rod is that even though it is lighter in it's action to the 800XL I have it is heavier in over all weight, even though the 800XL has a reel seat.

Mike, thank your offer for the reel stand but I'm not 100% sure which reel I will mount to the rod. If you have any other offers on the part you should take it. You see I also have G-220 that needs a home and this rod may be it.

I just may keep the Monofil 27 on my Super Sabre since it has a reel seat and break out this setup when I feel like going "old school" like I did at the end of October when I caught the 27 lb yellowfin with 15 lb test with this setup.

Thanks for the post... wanted your opinion of what is a great 15# deckhand rod.