Red Dawn...

Started by coastal_dan, November 24, 2015, 06:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

So, I've had this spool in another 501 and finally decided to put it in the Accurate.  Drop dead sexy says I  :-*  Really glad I found a way to keep this reel, I'm fishing it Saturday and will let you know how it goes.

I love the handle, but probably need to get a red one from Randy just for show...

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bill B

Cool Beans....that would look good with the Red Fire line...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

foakes

Great Job, Dan --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Dan, that reel is SOWEET!!!! I'm making some knobs out of a cast acrylic called Inferno. Multi colored, marble effect in red, orange, black, and yellow pearl. It would look amazing on that reel! If I ever get time to work on them I'll send you a pic.
.......................Lou

coastal_dan

Thanks Guys :)  The Daiwa 55 lb on the other 501 in the photo is going on the Accurate - $55 worth of line...crazy how expensive it gets compared to mono...but I get it.

Lou - I'm interested!  Let me know a price once you start messing with them.  It'd be an honor putting it on the reel.
Dan from Philadelphia...

thorhammer

That looks great!!!!!! Except for that crappy SS drag star. You better just send  that to me for the Cortez Jigmonster :)

Tightlines on your trip!

Tiddlerbasher

That's one HOT reeeeeel ;D

xiphias

Wow! That thing is sharp looking. Don't get pulled over...

David Hall

Quote from: thorhammer on November 24, 2015, 10:50:11 PM
That looks great!!!!!! Except for that crappy SS drag star. You better just send  that to me for the Cortez Jigmonster :)

Tightlines on your trip!

X2 is that one of Adams?

Gotta agree that is one sexy looking reel. 

Alto Mare

Yes, I agree! that's one sexy reel. You guys are sick and dragging me into it as well....sexy ::) ;D

Dan, I have just what that reel need to complete it.
To everyone else, if Dan doesn't go for it, this handle is not for sale, I'm making an exception on this one.

This handle was mounted on my reel, but never left the house. I payed $45 five years ago + shipping, send me $30 and its yours.

Sal
I cannot spot that mark by the handle screw with the naked eye, I must have a really good camera on my new phone :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

SOLD Sal!  I'll PM you for your paypal.  That is beautiful!

Thanks for the comments all, this reel has sort of become my 'Eleanor'...but I'm not as successful and charismatic as Nicholas Cage  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Alto Mare

Change of plans Dan, the handle is on me, enjoy it!
Just let me see it mounted on that beauty. ;)

Oh, by the way, the handle is on its way.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Holy cow...too kind.  Have a blessed Thanksgiving!  I'll make sure I pass on the good vibes when I can.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Ron Jones

That handle will make that reel. I LOVE this place!!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

coastal_dan

Handle is perfect, I owe you Sal  ;D

Dan from Philadelphia...