Shill Bidding is getting really bad

Started by Newell Nut, December 02, 2015, 07:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

bluefish69

I've only bought 1 item from him & that was all I will ever buy from him. He does this as a side to the book store & tried to charge me tax. He is 20 Min. from me.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Mac53

I wonder how it's even permitted that a vendor can bid on their own auctions or am I missing something?

Reel 224

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone is upset about these people, if you know whats going on. Then don't patronize that sealer...Yes? A person needs to educate themselves before entering into a bid for any product. I would personally ask one of the guys here who I trusted to advise me what the fare price of reel was, as Aiala did.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Newell Nut

Quote from: Mac53 on December 12, 2015, 08:20:33 PM
I wonder how it's even permitted that a vendor can bid on their own auctions or am I missing something?

It is against ebay rules. They depend on us to report it so they can investigate. If you look at and item you will see a link that says "Report this item". After their investigation they deal with the sellers. Of course a seller can just start up a new account I would assume. Not sure.