Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: sdlehr on March 19, 2016, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on March 18, 2016, 08:45:18 PM
I wouldn't mess with the tabs on the Pro Challenger's jacks, those are stamped to perfection.

Sal
I was thinking about one or two of my Penn conventionals that sometimes have that little knock during free spool; instead of shimming to the left from the start. My Pro Challenger jack was not the problem.....

Sid
Got it Sid, that makes sense. I have done a few of those myself.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 18, 2016, 03:21:21 PM
Yes, I am aware of the auction listing for the Jiggy Plates, and yes I'm pretty sure I know who it is.
Thanks to those who have messaged me about it.
So here's my take on it:
We live in a free market society. Anyone can buy and sell what they want, at whatever price they want.
I built and sold them for a price that was fair and profitable for me. Once I sell it, I have no say in it's future.
I sell things for more than I paid for them all the time, as do most of you. I agree that a 100%+ mark up is steep, but that doesn't mean it will sell at that price either.
The only issue I have with the listing is the seller is presuming to know my build schedule and trying to justify his price by the perceived
scarcity.
If you really need a set of plates at that price, I'll take it as a compliment!

Exactly!!!!!
Tom

luck is the residue of design.

bparages808

Any jig aluminum versions for the 505hs?

Maxed Out

Quote from: bparages808 on March 29, 2016, 03:04:53 AM
Any jig aluminum versions for the 505hs?

No need for a 505 version.

Just use the 500 version and add Pro Challenger 5/1 SS gears and you're there.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mhc

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 18, 2016, 03:21:21 PM

The only issue I have with the listing is the seller is presuming to know my build schedule and trying to justify his price by the perceived
scarcity.

Tom

I don't want to read too much into your comment, but.....That's great news Tom - put me down for a silver set in the next run.  ;D
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Hockne

Can I order two for next run? I promise not to sell them

David Hall

I'm keeping mine for the future investment potential, I'm planning to retire off Cortez conversion plate sales.
If they double in value in 20 years, and I got 3 sets, that's 324.00 profit!  I'd be able to afford a new 2036 set of Cortez magnum plates,  and a matching frame kit!

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Cortez_Conversions

Aside from the Tiburon spool, was there any other issues with this build?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

RowdyW

Yogi_fish808

I was experimenting with some parts and found that it is possible to successfully install newell parts on Tom's jigmaster plates. As you can see this is a graphite 332 spool (not sure what letter series). The bearing cups on the Cortez plates have a lot more adjustability than accuplates and can be backed off enough to fit the longer spool shaft, freespool is awesome too. Even with the handle-side cup backed out a bit there's still ~1/16" of clearance with Adam's SS star. The clicker-side cup will still be in enough to have the o-ring inside the plate. This gives us even more options for mixing/matching parts! So if you've got some newell parts lying around have at it guys, they fit!

Spool is nicely centered with the ideal amount of play.

vilters

great looking reel yogi. cool to see more options. I just happen to have a spare 332 spool  :).  thanks for posting. 

David Hall

Good to know and that's a great looking reel!
Really liking the green.

Yogi_fish808

Yep,
Just trying to be helpful. Since the graphite spools are even better casting I knew it would be something a lot of guys would be stoked to know about. I actually had this put together with a green P20 frame and newell 500 spool but being that we all love tinkering here.....i couldn't leave it alone.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on May 19, 2016, 08:00:41 AM
Yep,
Just trying to be helpful. Since the graphite spools are even better casting I knew it would be something a lot of guys would be stoked to know about. I actually had this put together with a green P20 frame and newell 500 spool but being that we all love tinkering here.....i couldn't leave it alone.

Nice discovery Yogi

Is your green jigmaster sporting a newell or penn seat ??....If so you may want to change back to a half frame which will cover the main gear. The stock penn seat and newell seat do not cover the exposed part of the main gear and should only be used on jigmasters with inner chrome rings. Once you eliminate the rings, it leaves a large portion of the main gear exposed to the elements, which is not a good thing.

A half frame is the only thing that will cover that part of the gear.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!