Aluminum Jig Master side plate sets

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 05, 2015, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: Maxed Out on May 19, 2016, 05:05:32 PM
Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on May 19, 2016, 08:00:41 AM
Yep,
Just trying to be helpful. Since the graphite spools are even better casting I knew it would be something a lot of guys would be stoked to know about. I actually had this put together with a green P20 frame and newell 500 spool but being that we all love tinkering here.....i couldn't leave it alone.

Nice discovery Yogi

Is your green jigmaster sporting a newell or penn seat ??....If so you may want to change back to a half frame which will cover the main gear. The stock penn seat and newell seat do not cover the exposed part of the main gear and should only be used on jigmasters with inner chrome rings. Once you eliminate the rings, it leaves a large portion of the main gear exposed to the elements, which is not a good thing.

A half frame is the only thing that will cover that part of the gear.

Ted

It's got Newell bars and base on it atm. If I was actually going to fish it as a 332/99 width I'd probably get a P29 frame. For shorecasting here I had it set up with a matching green P20 tib frame and newell 500 spool, so far it's just stayed on the shelf to look pretty. It may be the base for the Super Jigmaster kit Randy is coming out with though!

Cortez_Conversions

I will have another run of these plates in about three weeks. Just in time for Randy's wide frames! ;D
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

kimopods

Is it too late to be added to the list for the second run of these?

-James

ghillbe

is it too late to get on list? If not a green and a black one

p-deverett

I need some assistance on the installation of the double dog bridge kit and the cortez side plates.
I have a 99 width reel with a tiburon frame and newell spool, all the parts went together well with 1 exception.
The stainless spacer in the pro challenger kit that covers the sleeve, the outer diameter is too large to fit into the side plate.
Should I not use this part, or sand in down to fit?
If sanding it down I don't have a lathe or drill press to rotate it and presume hand sanding with wet and dry paper will work as there doesn't appear to be too much metal to remove to get it to fit?

Thanks again Peter

RowdyW

If you have an electric hand drill it might work with a nut & bolt and a couple of spacers on each side. Or you could just use your original spacer.      Rudy

Cortez_Conversions

I dropped another order at the platers last week.
They should be ready in 3-4 weeks.
Silver, Red,Green, and Ice Blue are the colors this time around!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 10, 2016, 11:02:00 PM

So, I'm guessing no one besides me is interested in Cobalt Blue, oh well....
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

erikpowell

Bula Tom,

Red, Green , Silver- 1 each for me please!

Maxed Out

Hi Tom, I would love to grab 2 silver sets if possible  8) 8)

Thanks, Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 10, 2016, 11:19:22 PM
Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 10, 2016, 11:02:00 PM

So, I'm guessing no one besides me is interested in Cobalt Blue, oh well....

Sal, nobody asked about cobalt blue, and it isn't one of Tom's options... I like the idea of a cobalt blue, so you are not alone my friend.  ;) ;)

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mikeysm

It's hard to match ice blue. Cobalt blue is easier to match. Handle knobs and drag stars in ice blue are not available.

David Hall

I'm needing a silver set if and when you have one available tom.
Just let me know and PayPal will be headed over.

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.