Penn 2/0?

Started by toneill, January 25, 2011, 07:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toneill

I have a couple of questions about the penn 2/0 senator (111). I think that the low gear ratio would work well for me.

Does it cast much at all? All I need it to do is lob an 8 to 16 ounce diamond jig 40 feet. It doesn't need to be a great caster.

How hard is it to find one?

Thanks,

Tim

alantani

They cast fine once you clean them out.  I have one in beautiful condition but only Bryan knows where it is.  Interested?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

toneill

Norcal Pescador

Tim -
I've got one that I cleaned, serviced, put a 5-stack drag in, a Kolekar 2/0 grip on and it's a great little reel.  Straight 30# mono on it. But, sorry, it's not for sale.
Did you see Alan's tutorial on it?  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=44.0
Good luck!
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

Great reel, but if I was jiggin' a diamond with that weight I would bump up to the 112h with aluminum spool for the gear ratio, and you can upgrade the snot out of 'em!  Also, Rob is right you HAVE to put a 5 stack drag in.  The Kolekar handle is a nice option, but not as important as the stack.
Dom  

toneill

Dom -

The reason I want the smaller reel and the slower retrieve is I have a bum shoulder and the smaller spool and low gear ration require less force to turn. Constant cranking is not an issue, I could probably turn the handle for 20 minutes straight. 

broadway

I got ya!  Then I would do the 5 stack and Kolekar handle as Rob said.  Good luck, and good to see a bum shoulder hasn't landlocked ya... keep it up!
Dom

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on January 25, 2011, 08:41:49 PM
They cast fine once you clean them out.  I have one in beautiful condition but only Bryan knows where it is.  Interested?
I hid it.  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

If you want it, I can pull it out for you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

toneill