NEW YORK CITY AREA MEMBER ROUNDUP

Started by jigmaster501, December 12, 2015, 08:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Quote from: jigmaster501 on December 29, 2015, 09:11:54 PM
I am willing to do something. I was thinking somewhere near Penn Station or something so everyone could easily commute without driving. I would do Staten Island if I could get a ride with someone or if it was close to the ferry as I don't have a car right now... If someone knows something close to the Staten Island Railroad that could work too.

I actually take the subway to the boats to go fishing.lol

Lets all respond to this and see what we can do. Maybe the following weekend on a Saturday afternoon????

Lets get a headcount and see what we could do.

I want to say yes but NYC is to much for me right now Ruth can drive to SI without a hassle, but me travailing on the train to Penn Station is to much. I don't want everyone going out there way to accommodate me.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

newport

I am headed up there for the day on the 13th of january (possibly on the 15th), but won't be available until after 9pm. I was maybe planning on eating afterwards and have a couple drinks before I head home. Whatever happens, I am moving up there by the end of january, so I'll be around for a while.

mike1010

Sorry to be slow replying.  I have lots of flexibility, and am definitely up for this.

Mike

barkley1956

jigmaster501

Not yet. Who is in for something this weekend coming up? Say Saturday at 6:30 or 7. Who is around and where do we want to go?

Reel 224

Quote from: jigmaster501 on January 19, 2016, 01:11:03 AM
Not yet. Who is in for something this weekend coming up? Say Saturday at 6:30 or 7. Who is around and where do we want to go?

My house! ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

BMITCH

You may want to rethink this weekend...SNOW😳😖 unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make it..I'm supposed to go shooting up state NY. Please let me know if anything else comes up.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

jigmaster501

yeah, blizzard.... Lets see what next week holds for us.

Reel 224

jigmaster501

Hey,

The weather is great now and there is no more ice, snow or cold.

Lets say we get together and do something.

Dom,

I always wanted to go to Arturo's and I see that you are related.

Do they have a back room or a few tables that we could take for a few hours or so?

Capitol Fishing Tackle in NYC is getting a partyboat that is leaving from 23rd St and the East River. Maybe we could all get together and fish. For those taking Amtrak, NJ Transit, Metro North, etc. It is easily accessible by public transportation. Even with a rod and cooler.

We could always do something near Penn Station on a Saturday afternoon if that is easier.

Lets try to get this to work.

Eugene

El Pescador

Eugene,

May I post on your thread?

My wife and I will be in Astoria, NY from July 2 - 12, visiting our Son, his wife, our beautiful 2 1/2 year old Granddaughter, and our soon-to-be-born Grandson on or around June 23.

If any one has time or desire to go fishing, I'll buy the boat fuel, lunches and bait for the day!  Can't pass this one up.

I'm somewhat trained by Dominick, I'm loud, LOVE to fish, and be with other folks who like to fish as well.

If it works, great, love to do something.  Also, I'm a pizza-holic, if we can't fish, LOVE to try any of the many great pizza joints in NYC.

Thanks for letting me tag on your post.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Wayne if your buying I fly back there just to see you spend the money.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

El Pescador

Dominick,

Are you considered to be a New York City Area Member??  Well at least of GOOD STANDING ;D

Wayne

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on June 08, 2016, 12:08:54 AM
Wayne if your buying I fly back there just to see you spend the money.   :D Dominick

Before you leave Los Cabos, please land some Tuna, I'm out, and need to refresh my freezer!!!

Wayne

Dominick

Mucho viento no fishing until Friday.  Forecast for manana is 32 mph.  I'm not going out in that mess.  Also its an ice cold wind.  Too cold in the shade and getting in the leeward side of the building it is nice and hot.  Just vegging until the wind dies down.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.