NEW YORK CITY AREA MEMBER ROUNDUP

Started by jigmaster501, December 12, 2015, 08:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Hey guys and gals.

For those of us who live around the NYC area or are willing to travel to the NYC area, who would be interested in a get together on a Saturday afternoon/early evening for a few drinks and a meal.

I was thinking something in Manhattan, so those whole live outside NYC could take the LIRR, Metro North, NJ Transit, Amtrak or a bus home without worrying about drinking too much. For those of us in NYC, we could take the subway or bus home and not worry about drinking either.

I have a few guys who would like to join the board who are excellent fisherman who I could bring down. I should probably have them join here first...

I have a few places in mind that we could eat/ drink at that would be fun and not too expensive.

How about January 9th or the 16th at say 3pm..

Reel 224

I would love to get together with some members, NY city is out for me. I can't drink alcohol and I am on a special diet since my surgery. maybe next time. :(

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

I penciled in the dates.  If you get enough members together I might fly in and join you even though my arms get tired.   :D Maybe we can get Sal and Dan out of Pennsylvania.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

I should be able to make these dates...would be nice to meet some other forum members. I NEVER need an excuse to go to NYC.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

jigmaster501

Joe, don't worry about drinking. Pm me about your diet and we can make sure you have something to eat. If need be, I can make something for you. It is more important to just get us all together. 

Dominick, Pennsylvania guys are more than welcome. Amtrak would work... we will just make them being custom drag washers....lol.   definitely fly in...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reel 224

Quote from: jigmaster501 on December 13, 2015, 08:55:27 PM
Joe, don't worry about drinking. Pm me about your diet and we can make sure you have something to eat. If need be, I can make something for you. It is more important to just get us all together. 

Dominick, Pennsylvania guys are more than welcome. Amtrak would work... we will just make them being custom drag washers....lol.   definitely fly in...

Wish I could take you up on your offer, but traveling to NYC is out for me. But it was very gracious of you to make me feel so welcome.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

coastal_dan

This sounds like a blast, but I don't think I'll be able to make it.  Our baby is due Dec. 29th and you all know how hectic/tiring/amazing those first few weeks are.  I'll catch you guys next time and Happy Holidays!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mike1010

alantani

Quote from: coastal_dan on December 16, 2015, 02:57:18 PM
This sounds like a blast, but I don't think I'll be able to make it.  Our baby is due Dec. 29th and you all know how hectic/tiring/amazing those first few weeks are.  I'll catch you guys next time and Happy Holidays!

congratulations!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Hey guys is this going to happen?  What is the final plan?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on December 29, 2015, 04:58:01 AM
Hey guys is this going to happen?  What is the final plan?  Dominick

Yes! And could you make in some other location....say Staten Island for instance?

Joe

Dominick

Joe it is easy to say yes but there are no particulars posted.  Dominick

jigmaster501

I am willing to do something. I was thinking somewhere near Penn Station or something so everyone could easily commute without driving. I would do Staten Island if I could get a ride with someone or if it was close to the ferry as I don't have a car right now... If someone knows something close to the Staten Island Railroad that could work too.

I actually take the subway to the boats to go fishing.lol

Lets all respond to this and see what we can do. Maybe the following weekend on a Saturday afternoon????

Lets get a headcount and see what we could do.