NEW YORK CITY AREA MEMBER ROUNDUP

Started by jigmaster501, December 12, 2015, 08:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

This started a while back, I thought you guys met already. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jigmaster501

Unfortunately, I will be not be around the during that time. You could fish the Never Enuff out of Flushing if you want to stay close to the family.

Lets still all try to meet up even if we don't fish.

newport

so are there any stripers, blues, or anything still being caught around manhattan, like the east river and hudson? I moved to Harlem on the west side, but haven't really had time to fish all that much, except for the central park pond for largemouth bass and pickerel. I know it's really late in the season. What about traveling to Montauk? Can I rely strictly on public transportation to fish out there using the subway or train. I never been out there, and I didn't bring my car (too much hassle). Thanks for any help.

jigmaster501

There are tons of bass and blues off Manhattan. You can fish anywhere you have good access. The never enuff fleet is by citi field and is accessible by the 7 train and Capitol fishing tackle is getting a party boat off of 23rd St and the east river in a week or so. That you can take the subway to 23rd and take the bus right to the dock. Take a wheeled cooler and a stick and you can go. Sheepshead Bay is accessible by the Q train and additionally the B train during the week. I took the subway fishing for years.

newport

Thanks. I checked it out. Maybe I'll go this saturday on a night trip for stripers and blues. I'll be using my little bass gear if I do. I called and the guy seemed okay with it. I couldn't find anything for a party boat on 23rd. St.

bluefish69

There hasn't been a party boat on 23rd St. in 30 yrs. That was the 2 Palace boats & maybe the 110' Sea Queen

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

jigmaster501

Capitol Fishing Tackle in Manhattan is getting a boat there soon. A 90ft partyboat.

Your light bass gear will be torn up with a large bluefish. They have rental rods that you can use.

bluefish69

Quote from: jigmaster501 on June 23, 2016, 01:24:12 AM
Capitol Fishing Tackle in Manhattan is getting a boat there soon. A 90ft partyboat.

Your light bass gear will be torn up with a large bluefish. They have rental rods that you can use.

The boat that Capitol bought was the Capt. Lou VI. She was sold & went South 7-8 Yrs. ago. Now she will sail fro the Big City. They are on FB looking for a Capt. & crew.  She is fast.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

newport

I wonder how they did yesterday. Anyone know? I think it was supposed to be their first trip out. They cancelled friday. I think I'm going to try out a striper trip this coming weekend. I went out to the Never Enuff 2-3 weeks ago and there were a lot of monster bluefish caught and one nice striper, but it was a bit far, especially when waiting for a train for 40 min late at night. The Capital Princess is only like 10 min walking distance away from my school.

jigmaster501

They are actually at Pier 36 on the East River which is by Montgomery Street and South Street. A few block from East Broadway on the F Train.

I know they went out today but couldn't make it.