Pompano Beach last two trips.

Started by conchydong, December 13, 2015, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Last week, went out in some somewhat sloppy conditions that made us change our game plan from deep dropping to trolling some rigged baits.
Only got one hit on a split tailed mullet but it was a good one that turned out to be a Wahoo.

Two days ago, we hit a spot and on the first couple of drops, we got some nice Triggerfish, a legal sized Mutton and some keeper Vermilions. Thinking that this spot was going to be hot but than the bite shut down like a light switch. Thinking there must be a Shark around. Sure enough this guy comes up and would not leave the boat. Moved to another spot just under a 1/4 mile away and the shark showed up again in less than 5 minutes. Must have honed in on the diesel engine sound. Didn't look like a Bull, possibly a Dusky?

Alto Mare

Nice wahoo! I made the pic upright, I didn't want it to slip out of you hands ;D

...very nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

sdlehr

Thanks for flipping the picture, Sal. At first I thought I had misread the caption and he was fishing in Australia (everything is upside down there, right?)  ;D
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

broschro

Nice hoo! The sea  has been mad a lot lately.