NOS 349H SPOOLS

Started by CaptainRMF, February 24, 2016, 05:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRMF

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments. Just got back on line. Lost electric and internet last night from the storm and winds.
Quote from: fishhead69 on February 25, 2016, 02:43:07 AM
I am glad you like the spools Richy. The third one will be shipped out tomorrow for you. You got the last 3 NOS Penn 349 spools that I had.They are ready to catch lots and lots of fish.

Tight lines Paul

Thanks Paul. Will have them all up and running by the spring Bass run.
Quote from: broadway on February 24, 2016, 10:25:19 PM
I agree with both Ted and Sal in that I didn't think they were stainless but some won't let a magnet stick to them so what are they? It's one of the questions I'd like answered at the factory tour.
Thanks
Dom
Ted, Sal and Dom I did test the dull spool. It has a small nick so put it in my drill press and used 600 and 2000 grit wet/dry to smooth it and I can just see some Bronze starting to show.
Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 24, 2016, 10:29:21 PM
Great Find Richy.
Dom, I'm afraid they are made from the dreaded unobtanium. ;D
Daron they sure seemed to be Unubtainium to me, been looking for them a LONG time.  :D         One last question if you guys don't mind. Which would be better and last longer for trolling wire line. These will be my trolling reels for Bass and Blues with 30 lb. Monel wire over 30 Mono. Thanks                 Richy
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

CaptainRMF

Richy aka CaptainRMF