Me as a young angler

Started by steelhead_killer, March 05, 2016, 02:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whalebreath

Me with my Uncle Mike him holding a Sturgeon taken from a local river somewhere deep in the northern Ontario bush near where we lived this was '57 or '58.

In the background you can see the pile of firewood typical of the sort that got local families through the winter.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

HOLEINTHEWATER

ME FISHING ON THE VERDE RIVER, NEAR COTTON WOOD ARIZONA. EARLY 1950'S

AUNT JEWEL AND AUNT LORWREEN.

FEEDING DEER IN THE KIBAB.

Alto Mare

Here is mine Andy, these are great rods and as you've proved it, they will last forever ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

Here is one you don't see very often.  Orris Fiberglass root beer color Fly/Spin
><)))">

Alto Mare

Thanks for sharing Andy, I have one that is very similar, but its a two piece and much older

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelhead_killer

Is there a model on that one?  Is it green?  I have not seen a green one.  Fiber flex?  Metal ferrels?  Nice rod!
><)))">

Alto Mare

Quote from: steelhead_killer on March 09, 2016, 05:27:41 AM
Is there a model on that one?  Is it green?  I have not seen a green one.  Fiber flex?  Metal ferrels?  Nice rod!
No model anywhere Andy. The color is similar to olive green and it is metal.
It did come in this tube but it doesn't tell us much

Take a look at the details on the plastic tube,  rust and corrosion proof  ;D.

Dominick

I posted this photo before but since this a young angler thread I thought I would post it again.  I am in the middle walking toward the camera.  Those others are my brothers.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, I love that pic ;).
Andy, sorry for pulling away from your great thread, we got too excited about our Fenwick ;D

Sal

DaBigOno

Quote from: Dominick on March 10, 2016, 01:10:42 AM
I posted this photo before but since this a young angler thread I thought I would post it again.  I am in the middle walking toward the camera.  Those others are my brothers.  Dominick

Wow!   That looks like a neat time, hanging out with the bros
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

steelhead_killer

Its all good Sal.  I grew up with Fenwick's as the standard.  IF only had the ones that I broke along the way...Dom great picture!  IF you squint you can see the tank on that rod!  ;D

Andy
><)))">

anglingarchitect

Me in 1954, with a war mouth perch, from the ditches on Sumatra Rd near East Point Florida.

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Alto Mare

I've been enjoying all the pics on this thread, but if the latest from Mark doesn't make Photo of the month, I don't know what does....beautiful shot.
Unfortunately, I don't believe I have any pics. I did lots of fishing with my Dad from the time I could walk, but in my little town, no one own a camera at that time.  :-\
Thanks for sharing guys.
Sal