Arbor Press and punches

Started by Reel 224, March 07, 2016, 03:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

I just sprung for a new Arbor Press and punch set with Ruth's okay ;D Ive gone way over budget with my rod a reel work area. ::) :-X

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

reelrepair123

send pictures and price when you get it joe.   harryk

Reel 224

Quote from: reelrepair123 on March 07, 2016, 02:32:01 PM
send pictures and price when you get it joe.   harryk

Yes I will!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

I received my Arbor Press & Punch set today The cost for the two was $158.00. I had a heck of a time downloading these pictures because I was just upgraded to windows 10 and I am re-learning the programs configuration. So while I was at it I downloaded the three pictures. 

Joe

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Now I just have to put that to work.

Joe

RowdyW

I think you had better bolt it down or it will be in your lap. ;D

Reel 224

It's going down in the basement to be bolted down to my 4'X8' work bench, I just was taking pictures of it to post. Ill take pictures of my bench and other tools later. I am taking the drill press to the bench down stairs as well as my hobby lathe & miller. Therese not enough room in my work area in the back room.

Joe 

foakes

Good purchases, Joe --

I generally put aside $150 a month for tool purchases --

$100 for cleaning supplies, lubricants, and such --

If I do not go over that -- I bank the balance for the future --

If I go over -- the next few months are no purchasing until back on track --

Every one is different -- I just try to make everything stand on its own -- with an orderly spending system.

All is simpler for accounting at the end of the year --

Keep all receipts and expenditures in a simple monthly and yearly ledger book.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

That punch must have been about a dollar per pound Joe.  What kind of flexible shaft tool is that you have in the background?
-steve

Reel 224

Fred; Ive tried to stay on a imaginary budget when I started this project, but I was faced with startup expenditures that blew the budget. I save every receipt down to the last nut and bolt believe me Ruth makes sure of that. Your advice is sound and well taken and as you said. I have to start supporting this hobby.

Oc1; That's a Dermal tool that have had for years when I was doing gunsmith work. It comes in handy for various small application.

Joe       

reelrepair123

thanks  joe,   looking good, use it in the best of health, your shop is coming together great.    harryk

Reel 224

Quote from: reelrepair123 on March 13, 2016, 03:35:16 PM
thanks  joe,   looking good, use it in the best of health, your shop is coming together great.    harryk

Thank you!

Joe

Dominick

Hang out a shingle.  Joe's Reel Repair.  Maybe brew some root beer.  Joe's Reel Repair and Ruthie's Root Beer.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Being somewhat of a woodworker -- I was really impressed with how quickly, and how well Joe's benches came out with the finishing.

Then I realized that he is a professional gunsmith -- and those guys with a lot of experience are really good at finishing gun stocks.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.