Jon, I have a question for you.

Started by RiverAngler, March 15, 2016, 09:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Quote from: Aiala on March 21, 2016, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: sdlehr on March 21, 2016, 06:28:27 PM
Aiala, if you tried a spiral wrap rod just once you would be convinced. Sid

Sid, obviously the spiral is an excellent design for so many top-notch anglers to have adopted it with such enthusiasm. But trust me, I'm WAY too linear/OCD/persnickety to ever tolerate such an unbalanced-looking set-up... seeing the line skew sideways like that would thoroughly upend my sense of order and bring on a severe case of mental agitation; in fact, I find it upsetting to even look at pictures of an acid rod!  :o  ;D
Thats exactly how I felt and then I went on a 2.5 day rockfishing trip and I won a raffle and Jon hands me my prize, a beautiful blue seeker with all these funky guides!  what are you gonna do?  hey thank you very much its absolutely beautiful!  I cant just let it sit in the rod holder, so strap on a Penn accurized 99 and toss out, I thought I might break it on sharks twice but it is a surprisingly tough blank, then a big ling cod, then another, before I knew it I had landed about thirty fish and released all but the biggest.
I took it out with me for Salmon when I got back and landed numerous nice fish. Finished the season using it on local rock fish, I have to admit it is nice to fish and it is very comfortable.  It is has now replaced no less than three rods.  It is my catch everything in Monterey Bay rod now. 
  I went back and asked him to build one for my grandson!  Its a beauty too and Im sure the kid is going to get years of service from it.

~A~

Aiala

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 21, 2016, 09:54:59 PM
Aiala, I like a person who sticks to there convictions. Joe

Why thanks, Joe! This many decades along in life, I'm pretty well settled on what I do/don't like.  ;)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Reel 224

Quote from: Aiala on March 22, 2016, 01:06:26 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on March 21, 2016, 09:54:59 PM
Aiala, I like a person who sticks to there convictions. Joe

Why thanks, Joe! This many decades along in life, I'm pretty well settled on what I do/don't like.  ;)

~A~

That's why I married Ruth, because she doesn't let anyone tell her what to DO!!!!
Including ME!! ;D
Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."