ACRYLIC Knobs work in progress.

Started by STRIPER LOU, March 15, 2016, 11:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

15 different colors with holes reamed, face cut 60 deg angle/radius blend, and 1st phase polish. This particular face cut is what the locals seem to like although I have a bunch of other styles in the works. Some of the guys like more of a blend radius and others seem to like more of the angle showing. I like them both! The colors are spectacular when fully polished. Purple/bronze, golds, coppers, they all look amazing and it becomes hard to choose. Easier to pick when you decide what color reel they're going on.

Next is to make the spinner tubes, knurl, and epoxy. With this tube in place you can cut the shape of the other side holding from the tube itself. When other side has been cut and counter bored, its time for the final polish.

Next is to turn and tap the shaft and assemble.

The first 4 pics shows some of the colors.
The final 4 pics shows a blue/black pearl knob on one of my rebuilt, narrowed, Monofils.
These are Sweet little reels and one of my favorites for bottom fishing. I'm open to comments and suggestions. Always looking for input to make improvement's. I took a bunch of these to the Fishing Expo a month or so ago and the response was overwhelming.
regard's,  ..  Lou

STRIPER LOU

Here's the Monofil with blue/black pearl knob.

thorhammer

Yes Lou I have a suggestion.. Forget our conversation today and tell what it takes to get those knobs for my Cortez reels!!!  Those are spectacular and true art my man!!! 

steelhead_killer

Loving those knobs!  Beautiful work and combinations!  Please tell us these are for sale!  Purple and Black?  Green and Silver?

Andy
><)))">

coastal_dan

Serious talent Lou!  Spectacular colors.  How do they feel in your hand with that shape?
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Lou, love em.  What is the size of the knob when finished?  It is hard to tell.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

That is a head turner Lou.

Do you make other shapes like a pistol grip type knob ?

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

anglingarchitect

They are beautiful, no offense meant, but they look slippery.

David Hall

That's just the high polish shine.

bigggfish

Tiddlerbasher

Rothmar2

Stunning pieces. Would love to get my hands on some of this stock to do some knobs of my own.