Working on some Italian for our Morro Bay trip in April at Alans

Started by Big Tim, March 20, 2016, 12:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Asparagus, green lip mussels, cheese tortellini, portabella  mushrooms with an Alfredo sause and topped with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. This will also get some Italian sausage added from Bill :

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Italiano Californio ...Luv it ya Sal  ;D $2500.00   ::) For 80# I'll stick with $1.84 Save Mart  ;D

BT

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

;D ;D ;D But the taste is worth the money and you can purchase 1or2# you don't have to go for the whole wheel. But cheese on fish is a no,no.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 20, 2016, 01:41:24 AM
;D ;D ;D But the taste is worth the money and you can purchase 1or2# you don't have to go for the whole wheel. But cheese on fish is a no,no.

Joe
I was in an Italian restaurant in San Mateo eating linguine with clams.  I asked the waiter for parmigano cheese.  The chef came out of the kitchen to tell me Italians do not put cheese on fish or clams.  I told him if he was paying for the dinner I would not use cheese but since I am paying bring me the cheese.  He walked away in a huff but I got my cheese.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on March 20, 2016, 02:02:41 AM

Joe
I was in an Italian restaurant in San Mateo eating linguine with clams.  I asked the waiter for parmigano cheese.  The chef came out of the kitchen to tell me Italians do not put cheese on fish or clams.  I told him if he was paying for the dinner I would not use cheese but since I am paying bring me the cheese.  He walked away in a huff but I got my cheese.   :-* Dominick

Italiano Californio  ;D ;D ;D

BT & Cheese

anglingarchitect

I heard that from my Italian girl friend, but I still like cheese on Clams and Linguine, but usually not fish.

Delicious cheese for sure but, it takes a while to eat 80lbs, and at $ 2500.00 I can't afford to buy in bulk.

BMITCH

I'm with Sal. ALWAYS a slab of parmigiano Reggiano in the fridge. Sometimes just a slice off the chunk with sun dried tomato on a piece of bread...well that could be dinner.
luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

BTW Costco has a good quality parmigiano Reggiano.  Try it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on March 20, 2016, 02:29:56 AM
BTW Costco has a good quality parmigiano Reggiano.  Try it.  Dominick

Your a one and only Dominick! ;D ;D I know why the chef was pissed.  ::) ;)

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

BMITCH

No..Dominick is 100% correct. BIG wedges of parmigiano Reggiano at Costco. Really lower than any grocery store. I know..eat this stuff like........cheese😆
luck is the residue of design.

Marcq

Quote from: Dominick on March 20, 2016, 02:02:41 AM

Joe
It's parmigiano ;) Btw, do you use a spoon with your linguini?
Marc..

Big Tim

Yall' are killin' me. Heck I thought I was doing OK...Dom I would have given' the stink eye to the chef if he he didn't want to bring me my cheese too. I use cheese whenever I can. I guess I best go back to kookin' skool'  ;D ;D ;D

BT

broadway

Dominick,
   I can picture the chef getting "in a huff" and you with a smile on your face while you gracefully draw the fork (covered in parmesan) to your mouth.
Good for you,
Dom