Any upgrades for 114h2?

Started by Corpusmane, March 25, 2016, 03:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corpusmane

From reading other posts is seams like only the USA models can get the upgrades.

RowdyW

You can use the H Model upgrades. You just have the change the handle to the H model with the related hardware when using the SS sleeve.

Corpusmane

So I would have to change the whole handle assembly in order to upgrade it?

RowdyW

You need to use a H handle style & screw when using the SS sleeve  from the H model. All the inside parts are interchangeable.

Corpusmane

What do you mean by the screw?

Cone

On the H model the screw that holds the handle on threads into the inside of the sleeve. The H2 and H sleeves and handles are not interchangable because of how the handles attach.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Army_of_One

If you get the 114H/115L version of this, you will need to get the star, handle, and handle screw to make it work on your H2.

The main gear and drags will be the same, or you can upgrade to a ProChallenger set if your gear isn't steel.  I'm not sure about the dog configuration as I haven't played inside of an H2.
Another day in Paradise!

Corpusmane

Alright thanks guys think i have a good idea of what I need to do now. Ready to add some new features to this baby

handi2

Make sure the screws will come out now.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Corpusmane

Which screws should I make sure of? And are the stars the same for the 114h and 114h2?

Army_of_One

Is that an aluminum framed H2?  Keith/Handi2 is referring to the sideplate screws.  I shot PB Blaster in every screw to make removal easier.  I still had to drill one head and unscrew it with pliers, so be careful trying to remove them.

ETA: I could be wrong(not sure on bearing clearances), but I believe you can just swap the sideplates out with that frame.
Another day in Paradise!

Corpusmane

It's an aftermarket wide frame, not sure which one though looks like a tiburon but there's no markings on it. Picked it up on Craigslist

Corpusmane

Only problem is that their is only 5 holes for the side plates

RowdyW

5 holes in the side plate should not be a problem. It should still be strong enough. Show a photo of the bottom of the frame so maybe it can be identified by the foot. The frame looks like a 114HLW Penn frame which is aluminum that is not the original frame on that reel but will work fine. By the way, your original star is the same on all 114 reels.    Rudy

Army_of_One

Quote from: RowdyW on March 25, 2016, 03:41:54 PM
5 holes in the side plate should not be a problem. It should still be strong enough. Show a photo of the bottom of the frame so maybe it can be identified by the foot. The frame looks like a 114HLW Penn frame which is aluminum that is not the original frame on that reel but will work fine. By the way, your original star is the same on all 114 reels.    Rudy
Thank you for the star clarification. 

Quote from: Corpusmane on March 25, 2016, 02:36:54 PM
Only problem is that their is only 5 holes for the side plates
The rings should only have 5 holes and cover any extra holes on the older sideplates.
Another day in Paradise!