NEWELL & JIGMASTER KIT: 3 INCH WIDE TIBURON FRAME AND SPOOL FOR $195. WHO IS IN?

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, March 29, 2016, 12:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Back when Accurate made components for Penn reels, they made a special production run of 3" wide Jigmaster kits (see photos below) for shore-based Hawaiian ulua fishermen who wanted maximum line capacity in a smaller diameter, easily handled reel.  These kits were 1/4" wider than the extra wide Newell "Yellowfin Special".  They very quickly sold out.   Today, I receive many inquiries about them from all over the country, especially from Florida, the Gulf Coast and Hawaii.  They are very hard to find, in fact I have only owned three despite many years of hunting for them.  I have asked Tiburon what they would require to make a special run for us. 

The Tiburon frame would fit any Newell 300 series side plates (some S and C series reels with the long screws that run across the reel will require regular screws), standard Jigmaster side plates, Accurate Accuplates, Lee Pro and Baja Pacific side plates, and of course our own Cortez Conversion side plates.  Tiburon is willing to produce spools for both Newell and standard Jigmaster side plates, but not for the 505/506.  Since we will only be able to run one color, it would seem to me that both the frame and spool should be silver as that color goes reasonably well with just about any side plate color.

Tiburon would need me to order a shipment of 50 frame/spool kits in one color, and I would have to pay a substantial deposit in advance to schedule the production time.  The lead time would be approximately eight weeks.  I could sell the kits for $195 including shipping to anywhere in the USA, including Hawaii and Alaska.

I am not asking for any commitments yet, and will not unless I get enough positive feedback to give me the confidence to go ahead with the project, but I would really appreciate it if you would let me know if you would be interested in buying a silver frame and spool Super Jigmaster or Super 344 Newell kit at $195 delivered.  If you feel strongly that a different color would be a better selection than silver, please let me know that as well.

Thanks,

Randy

thorhammer

David Hall

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Yogi_fish808

Since you're testing the waters, I'd tentatively be in for 1 kit. $195 is a heck of a price but man, if I can find it in the budget I'd want one.

Maxed Out

Me too....I mean (2)  ;D ;D

Silver or black would be my choice. Any other color is not likely to match up with other aftermarket side plates.

Question: If the Hawaiin guys can get one made with their special "DA BOMBER" logo, is there any chance at a custom logo like "AT BOMBER" ??  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 30, 2016, 03:25:25 AM
Me too....I mean (2)  ;D ;D

Silver or black would be my choice. Any other color is not likely to match up with other aftermarket side plates.

Question: If the Hawaiin guys can get one made with their special "DA BOMBER" logo, is there any chance at a custom logo like "AT BOMBER" ??  :D :D

Ted

Great idea there Ted! 
An 'Alan Tani .Com' special.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

anglingarchitect

swill88

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm