Newell 300 series crank arm

Started by Reel 224, May 15, 2016, 09:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Does anyone have a upgrade crank arm for a Newell 300 series reel? I'm trying to up grade my Newell.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

The ulua junkies Torium handles. They are offset, strong and really comfortable. I just put one on a 338 and love it. I used the long hole and not the short stroke. If you have a dremel you could just buy a Torium 30 handle and open the hole to fit your Newell. That is what I do and have done a bunch of them. I use the same handle on my 540s and fish them hard. No issues at all.

bigggfish

Brock Fee in Hawaii makes custom handles.  CNC Aluminum sort of like the original P-Series.  He also will custom anodize them any color (just about) and you can either send him a knob or he will CNC a custom nob and anodize it too.  You can contact him on Facebook.  He can also be found by looking up Rocket Reels in Hawaii (not to be confused with the Abu Garcia Rocket Reels).  I attached a photo of some handiwork he did for me.  (I didn't color any of the handles)

jim

Tightlines667

I do like Brock's handles.  Wouldn't trust the aluminum stars though, esp. on SS sleeves.  I have a Shimano offset on my upgeaded S454 and like it though.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

cbar45

Brock's work is always nice, quality on par with the best out there.

Reel 224

Thanks for the feed back I will try finding the people you all have suggested.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."