Everol collections

Started by Lowprofile, May 27, 2016, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

How about this one. ;)
My Official Alan Tani Tribute Everol.
9/0 wide two speed in Blue with Silver Spool and Handle.
That was a short trip from Italy. ;D
It was covered in Grease. That is a good thing. That is why it looks spotty.
A Quick wipe down and put away.
My Wife didn't say a word, I guess she is Numb.
She knows Santa will be good to her.
Life is Good!!
Life is Good!

broadway

Awesome Daron!
I love the engraving and your passion for Big Game reels!
You have quite a collection of colorful Everol's and one heck of a wife!
Thanks for sharing pal,
Dom
PS- I'm digging that handle 8)

Shark Hunter

Thanks Dom! ;D
I appreciate it.
Life is Good!

gstours

Dude rub a little Armourall on it for me!   nice!   Now show us how it wrastles a fish!! ::)

Lowprofile

That blue is badass Daron! Nice looking reel!

Jakejames

I recently came into a 4/0 waterproof series everol. I was in a used tackle store in Okinawa Japan and to be honest before that day I had never heard of everol but when I picked up the reel I could tell it was made with quality. even if it looked like someone was cracking clams with it. It was for sale for the equivalent of 60$ and my wife decided she wanted to buy it for me since she could see how on the fence I was. I took it apart and found out the main gears were very worn and when the drag would increase the gears would slip while spinning. I'd love to get this reel repaired and show my wife I love using it and I'm thankful for the gift but I haven't found any where to get parts or even somewhere to send it into. I'd rather fix it myself since I enjoy doing that but would be willing to do what ever it takes.

Robert Janssen

No problem. Everol in Italy has parts.*

Some places service them. If they don't, it is only because they haven't tried.

Where do you live?

*come to think of it,  so do I

Tightlines667

Nice find!

That is an expensive reel, w/expensive parts.  Parts are available from Everol Dealers...

http://everolreels.com/international-retailer/

You may want to consider sending it out to service.

Where do you live?

Or you could attempt it yourself...

If do, tou will need to clean the bearings, replace any that exhibit roughness, and you may need to use shims to account for wear.  You likely have a spacing issue with the gear slippage and I would try to correct it with a simple service first, before considering replacing the main gear since it is expensive.  Pay attention to parts placement and orientation when dissasembling, and make sure to lubricate everything properly.  Let us know if you have any specific problems with tue service.  Pictures help here.

Good luck!

John

Parts schematic attached
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

Those reels were sort of an early hybrid between the Specials and WP series, so that schematic isn't really quite right, but i suppose you've noticed that by now.

Jakejames

Yeah I did notice that. It's been awhile since I took it apart but it seemed like from what I could remember the main gear that is worn and slipping isn't on it.

Robert Janssen

Yes, your main gear is more like that of the Special series, with the integral antireverse. Just send an email to the adress Shark Hunter provided and see what they have available. I checked my own stash of gears and found some stuff, but check with Everol first.

pompano joe

Quote from: Lowprofile on June 19, 2016, 04:43:19 AM
12/0 got 1200 yrds of 130lb hollow core . Got about 350 yrds of 130 mono on top. It's grander time.

Nice one Chris!  Wish you would find me one of the red Abu/Everols over there!  Are you ever coming home?
Pompano Joe

Robert Janssen

Quote from: pompano joeWish you would find me one of the red Abu/Everols over there!

There is one on Ebay right now.

PS: Yes I made the handle