Carbontex vs Ebay Carbon Fibre

Started by BulkCarrier, July 23, 2012, 11:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BulkCarrier

Is there a difference ?

Reason I ask it is just easier for me to buy on ebay/paypal because I then get the
insurance on my package that means I don't loose when my package goes missing.

Keta

E-Bay does not have Dawn helping us.   BTW, I've never had a shipment from Smooth Drag go missing.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bucktail

^^ What he said ^^  Stick with Smoooth Drag. ;)
Just a jig-a-lo

captbob

If your worried and have to use Paypal, go here Big Green Fish, guess where he gets em from?? Oh ya, If they dont come from smooth drag, you might as well lose the package!  http://www.biggreenfish.com/ that's where his come from, if you gotta use Paypal.
Fish Hard or Go Home!

borchcl

There are several suppliers of carbon fiber drags around. Most are OK, some not so much. BUT, there is only one Dawn!
Charlie

redsetta

QuoteBUT, there is only one Dawn!
x2 - I believe it's called ohana ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

LTM

Hey Borchcl, Ive been looking for you! ;D

Man, how are those hybrid SLOSH'S working out for you?  Give us an update please.

Leo

floating doc

Quote from: LTM on July 25, 2012, 03:02:19 AM

Man, how are those hybrid SLOSH'S working out for you?  Give us an update please.

Leo

Oh yeah! The aftermarket frame/side plates? I would get one for my SL30SH, except that I need the clicker for bait fishing.
Central Florida

Joker

Quote from: LTM on July 25, 2012, 03:02:19 AM

Leo

Sorry for the hijack. Also scanning the site for a report on the Slosh after-market frames.
I LOVE
it when
MY WIFE
lets me go fishing

mackereljoe

Carbontex seems to be significantly better quality than the one i got from Ebay a month ago.  I got a drag for Penn 25N, don't have the reel, just want to see the size of the drag.  It's similar to a thick HT100.  While grinding it down to make it fit for an old reel, the carbon fiber seems to get loose and separate.  Carbontex is so much better quality.